Linda, Honey

My mom would have put up with about 2.67 seconds of that. For some reason, I suspect this little guy learned that style of debate from his dad. ;)

I was amazed at how articulate the little guy was and thought he was parroting conversations he had witnessed between mom and dad.
Still, a future snake oil salesman for sure. The big kid was well on his way to sleeping under a bridge after the dog got through with him. Spare the rod and spoil the child? Dunno, sometimes talking just doesn't work.

Just imagine how this level of tolerance will manifest itself as the kid grows up. Whatever happened to Mom, or Mommy, or Mother? Linda??? Really ??? So where's the spanking? Idle threats don't cut it when raising children. Say what you mean & mean what you say!

First time I called Mom by her first name, I'd have lost some front teeth. In fact, I did lose one by 'mouthing off' to her.

She put up with nothing, and had a really low tolerance level and a short temper. I still have a dent in my scalp from being hit by a thrown high-heeled shoe.

If a parent did that today, they'd probably be jailed and have their kids put in 'protective custody.'

My mom would have put up with about 2.67 seconds of that. For some reason, I suspect this little guy learned that style of debate from his dad. ;)

Now don't blame the dad. He probably learned it from his older brother . . . who learned it from his dad ;). About half way through the second "Listen" that kid would have been on the ground. This sort of thing just keeps getting worse the more we interfere with Darwin's theory.

By my teenage years, I would call my mom or dad by their first names to their face under some circumstances, but that was typically just in a work environment. (I worked at the testing lab they both ran, and it made sense to call then what everyone else called them.) But by then, it was pretty common for my sisters and I to call them both by name when talking about them in the third person. For example, when talking to my mom about my dad, I'd refer to him by his name, and not as "Dad". Likewise when talking to my dad about my mom. But at the age of the kid in that video...it was Mama and Daddy. (I remember what a big milestone it was in my life to switch from calling them "Mama and Daddy" to "Mom" and "Dad".)