Ridgid Oscillating Edge/Belt/Spindle Sander Vibration (Model EB4424)

Al Launier

Has anyone else experienced some unusual vibration/wobbling of the spindle or belt while sanding? I've recently had this develop & it doesn't lend itself to a smooth finish; some chop to the finish. The drive is fully engaged & everything seems as tight as when new (haven't used it much), so I'm wondering if it typical of this tool??? :huh::(

I haven't had any problems like that. I do have problems at times keeping the belt from riding up or down no matter how I adjust it. It suddenly stops tracking up or down and sits perfectly :huh:

Maybe you are tightening the knob on the spindle sander too much and the rubber drum is getting deformed and wobbling :dunno:

Then again you are a machinist so if the spindle is off .000001 you can't sleep at night :rofl:

Seems like another member here had a vibration problem with one of these, sorry don't remember who it was, hopefully they will chime in. I remember it being mentioned that sanding higher on the drum/belt would cause some wear on the machine.

I had this problem. Even though I consider myself to have a light touch, something in the drive got too much lateral pressure and started doing a little shimmy at the top of the stroke. The Lifetime Service Agreement took care of it. The repair depot put all new guts in and the problem was solved.

I haven't had that issue with mine, knock on wood, but a trip to an authorized service center and the LLSA should get you up and running quickly.

What is LLSA?

LLSA = Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. That is the program offered on certain RIDGID products, but not all RIDGID badged products. Your sander qualified for this Program however it is a Program that you needed to register your sander into within 90 days of purchasing the sanders. The LLSA provides for lifetime, that's your lifetime, no charge repair and parts replacement for covered tools. If you properly registered your sander into the Program you're good to go however if you didn't do that then any repair is on your dime.

Dave,

Do you happen to know how one would check to see it a sander is registered? I have had mine for a number of years (no problems so far) but don't recall if I registered it. I went to the website and the LLSA doesn't specify the need to register the product after purchase.

Jack

Dave,

Do you happen to know how one would check to see it a sander is registered? I have had mine for a number of years (no problems so far) but don't recall if I registered it. I went to the website and the LLSA doesn't specify the need to register the product after purchase.

Jack

I would suggest you call Ridgid Customer Service and ask them to check and see if your sander is registered or not.

Lifetime Service Agreement

The original purchaser of an eligible product may elect to register for a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase for processing approval as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, on all eligible RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement. Once all conditions of the registration process are fulfilled, the tool’s service coverage lasts the lifetime of the original purchaser. The Lifetime Service Agreement status on a tool is not transferable to persons other than the original purchaser. Note: The RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement is only available for eligible RIDGID tools purchased at THE HOME DEPOT.