The Real Benefit to Having Reverse on a Lathe

I'm sure glad that 4/1 comes but once a year.
Between here and my grand daughter telling me I have a spider on my shoulder every 5 minutes " but really grandpa, this time you really do" I think I've had enough :rofl::rofl:

...Between here and my grand daughter telling me I have a spider on my shoulder every 5 minutes " but really grandpa, this time you really do" I think I've had enough :rofl::rofl:

I would actually seriously consider getting something like this tattoo, but a bit smaller...

Spider-Tattoo-Designs-on-Shoulder.jpg

The guy in the video in the first post is George Vondriska from near the Minnesota/Wisconsin state line not far form the Twin Cities and his shop is that clean. Been there. Nice guy. Does a number of classes out of his shop and is featured in a number of tool review articles. Does very nice woodworking and is quite knowledgeable. He keeps his shop that clean because it is often used to photograph tips, techniques, and tool reviews. He works a lot with Rockler, or used to.

And he has a wry sense of humor. :rofl:

Based on some of my past choices{:eek:} it'd be nice to have in the 'walk of life' :thumb:

Cool video!

[tangent warning]

Did any of you have the 45 rpm record by Napoleon XIV performing "They're Coming To Take Me Away"? The "B" side was the entire song played in reverse. Well, a few weeks ago a musician and good friend of mine (goes by the name of Bat) was in town for a few shows. He's a solo act, just a guy with a 12-string Guild acoustic and a very versatile singing voice. Bat's specialty is his enormous repertoire. He'll play an entire 4-hour show non-stop (rarely even pausing between songs) and do it with no set list...strictly playing requests from the audience. He's a one-man "Stump the Band", playing anything from Glenn Miller to Led Zepplin to Sons of the Pioneers to the Brady Bunch theme song. He tours the country year-round, playing small venues like coffee shops, pubs, and VFW and American Legion halls. Anyway, during one of his shows here, he played "They're Coming To Take Me Away". Perfectly, I might add, with the high-pitched elf voice and everything. The crowd loved it. So after he got done with the song, he said to the audience "I'll bet there's nobody here who can sing that one backward". Well, he was wrong. My longtime friend Jeff (the bass player in the band I'm in) stands up and says "I can!" Of course Bat had Jeff come up and do a verse (backward), and Jeff nailed it perfectly. It was hilarious, and the packed house went nuts. I was laughing so hard I had to struggle to keep from spewing Coca-Cola out my nose. Turns out Jeff learned the song backward as a kid, just to freak his parents out. (You'd have to know Jeff to understand how that makes sense.) :D

[/tangent warning]

Forward AND reverse version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-lJZiqZaGA&feature=kp