this is a continuation of the thread in general woodworking.
Today was the first day in weeks I was able to stand erect without much back pain, so I started up again on this unit.
Heres where Im at now. Worked 3 hours today, limiting my time so my disks don't repay me.
Its also one of the first decent days to work without heating on.
I sanded down to 120, obviously, the curves need more sanding, but I need to fill in some areas with wood filler before I paint anyway.
Its assembled, did not attach the keyboard sides yet. I want to paint those separate, but each black key has to be cut and then shaped to fit in.
I scored the white keyboard sides to look like keys. I will fill in the ambrosia maple holes with filler to paint. All I had in stock.
I did not have any measurements, only that poor picture to go by, but I think its coming along close enough.
My new router lift is worth its weight in gold to me. I cannot believe I went 5 years without a real router lift.
(this unit is made of hard maple, soft maple, yellow pine, and top and bottom are poplar, like I mentioned, using what I have in stock)