Finally. Mine!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
The deed for Five Talents was recorded yesterday, April Fool's Day. Really. :thumb: Actually, I consider that the crowning touch of a process that took far longer and had more hinky stuff happen than one could imagine. But now it is finally my dirt. In celebration I bought a raspberry bush that I will plant tomorrow. I have to get a bucket full of coffee grounds from Starbucks first. Raspberries addicted to Starbucks! Whodda thunk!?! The nursery guy told me it provides nitrogen and holds water and makes the soil acidic which berries love. So be it.

This is a Heritage ever bearing bush grown here in Escondido, so I am hoping my non-green thumb won't kill it. Right now the boss is watering it with a nice gentle rain. Berries in 10 weeks he says, and will bear three times a year! I absolutely love raspberries!

Next up is a septic expert. Have one lined up and will make contact this week. So, friends, moving this thread to Construction, which is the next phase. Actually, there will be three things going on concurrently. There are still some legal issues regarding the insurablity of the title, which we know about and have a plan to cure. Being guided here by a real estate attorney. My Sketch-Up drawing board has an evolving plan for a 10x12 storage shed. As soon as the septic guy has a plan, I will commence the build on that. Need a place for the gennie and tools and a Porta Pottie. And then the Putter Palace has to be prepared to be brought on the lot. I need to repair a tire on it.

Time line? Beats the heck out of me. Nothing else has happened in the time frame I thought was reasonable.

But the good news is the dirt is mine!

Last edited:
attaha girl,, maybe sometime i can come out your way and see the bradleys place and yours as well.. wont be driving though i have got enough driving for awhile:) anything i can do for you carol feel free to call..

Awesome news! Congrats Carol! I've heard the same about coffee grounds. A lady at my previous company used to take the day old coffee (liquid) and water her plants with it. They were some of the nicest plants in the office, so must be something to it. ;)