A family event with a new tool at the end of it

Rob Keeble

So i get a email the other day reminding me there is a drill press for sale on the forum. That was good ole Jay looking out for me like a guardian angle. Paul's widow is still selling Paul's behemoth of a Grizzly Drill press. I had totally forgotten about that and besides the logistics of getting to my place would kill any benefit. Well then I remembered the Ambassador had said something about stopping by Jay on the return trip so i PMed him and sure enough he said buy it and we will make a plan to get it to his place.
So i put in a bid which Jay kindly presented and Melissa agreed to and so i now am proud to say i am the new owner of a Grizzly 20" 1,5HP 4&3/4 stroke floor mount drill press. Its more than i was bargaining for in the next step of replacing my benchtop but for the price and the size its a wonderful solution. Comes with a trip to Michigan to visit my buddy to pick it up and he has offered temp storage till i get to do so.

So hows this for a totally family affair . Thats what you call family having your back. A big big THANK YOU to Jay , Larry and Melissa you guys made my day making this a possibility. ............Ok Larry you got to come home now i want to pick up my drill press and feel a trip to Mi coming on. :rofl:

Had me thinking of the incredible Beetles song....just what would we do without friends....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1S-Lhu4gFQ

Now THAT is a drill press. :thumb: I don't think you're ever gonna be wishing you had something bigger. Well done everyone for making the sale happen. :clap:

In the immortal words of Butch Cassidy (at least in the movie) "Well, that ought to do it." Great score Rob and a trip to pick it up to boot.

there is one good thing about this trip. I am helpin folks out as well as getting a good time doing it.. but now that I got rob on the hook I am gonna get some good African cookun again") the ole truck is comun back fuller than it left.

there is one good thing about this trip. I am helpin folks out as well as getting a good time doing it.. but now that I got rob on the hook I am gonna get some good African cookun again") the ole truck is comun back fuller than it left.

With all this food you have been eating, I am thinking the old belt is coming back with an another notch in it.

See that Tom we didn't take enough wood from the shop. We better go back and get another load to make room for tool storage.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

hey tom, I wouldn't suggest it:) I am getting some good training from a guy that can shoot a 600, with a 1911, and has shot a .125 at 100yrds bench.. so think twice:)
will be headed towards Tennessee tommorrow AM.