Welcome to my new shop

Bart Leetch

I've been away from any sort of woodworking for to long. I've had to make a decision to wait for a bigger new shop building or just have a new turning shop no mater how or what. Also I am now trying to decide where to get my turning stock because we live in a coniferous area & I am looking at a way to turn in my new shop using my Jet 1014 to make pens, pepper shakers & all manor of small things. This is my new turning shop are you ready?

As you can see it has lots of good light & fresh air & I'll need to store stuff away when I get finished this will aid in keeping a neat orderly shop.

Attachments

• outside shop pic.jpg
    outside shop pic.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 135
Looks like a right pretty little spot.

For wood just do what I do and listen for chainsaws (or as I say "that's the doing of my people calling" as I grab my hat and run for the door). That often means someone is taking down (or at least pruning) a tree and if your lucky it's a yard tree of some hardwood variety. Of course you also have madrone in the area and some of the pine, fir and spruce can be turned to. As long as it ain't too sappy. Most folks are plumb happy to trade a turn for some wood.