Something happened at my sister's recently that is apparently fairly common as the vet was very familiar with the problem. Fortunately the dog involved is huge, mostly Dane. He is over a year old but still in the puppy stage. He got ahold of some Gorilla Glue and ate it. Don't know what it tastes like but it is appealing to dogs, perhaps small children. Have known children to eat school glue.
In dogs, the Gorilla Glue makes it's way to the stomach pretty readily, then the juices in the stomach cause a quick reaction. The vet seemed very familiar with the issue and said the glue never reaches the intestines. My sister caught the dog eating the glue and he was rushed to the vet. Surgery required to remove a Gorilla Glue lump the size of two softballs from the dog's stomach after it foamed up. Four thousand dollars upfront for the surgery and a dog that will be an unhappy camper for weeks. Not only from the surgery but a highly restricted diet after the stomach had to be cut open. The cash value of the dog was far less than four thousand of course but my sister's children are grown and gone, scattered to the coasts except for the son that gave her the dog and her dogs are family.
Easy to step away from a project for a cup of coffee or a bite to eat and forget some of the stuff we have laying there can be very hazardous. We pick up sharp tools and power tools and put them out of reach of children and pets but do we always think of that tube of glue or gasket sealant laying there? This was a good poison reminder for me, got to be more careful with my poisons that I don't think of as poisons.
(Wasn't sure to put this in "safety" or "off topic". Please move if I erred.)