My version of a Viking Chair.

John Pollman

This was a fun and easy build. I just have to wait for the natural stain to dry a bit before I put a few coats of clear on it, then it's ready for use. They are VERY easy to set up and break down. Plus, they take up almost NO space when storing them for the winter. It's very comfortable too.

Tigers chair 1.jpgTigers chair 2.jpg

I have seen them John, never tried one out. My fat butt, need to be made out of oak not pine!:huh:
Can you post a picture of the two pieces apart?
Nice chair by the way (I almost forgot to put that in!!!) So how many did you crank out in one run?

Thanks Johnathon. I'll post some pics of the pieces tomorrow.

This is just the first one I've built. Now that I know it works, I can make multiples. I've actually got some other ideas for minor changes that could be really nice. I'll post those pics if those work out.

Made a couple of those a few years ago, but your's is much more highly refined!

They are more comfy than they look.

I know, I was surprised Brent. They would actually make a great chair for star gazing or watching fireworks. :)

I figured that I want to make these and see if I can find a market for them to sell. They would be easy to package and ship. I was concerned though that I myself might not be able to use it. One of the issues I have is standing up from a seated position. Unless it's a fairly high seat or it has arms, it is very difficult for me to get up from a seated position. But the way this chair works out, it is very easy for me to lean on and get up from a seated position. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Very nice. That looks like something to fall off after two beers....but I guess it wouldn't be far:). I'm already thinking how I would paint a pair of lips on the backrest and paint the seat red, like a big tongue:rofl:

Great chair John. I first came across those types of chairs in Malawi ..Africa. They carve them from big logs and even put a curve in the piece that serves as back leg. By using a log the back rest upright piece is naturally curved. I humped on back to South Africa once but chair went out the door at some point for some reason i cannot remember now. The wood alone would have been worth a fortune it was carved in some real hardwood, they called it ebony but i dont believe it was. They do a bunch of con work putting boot polish on some carvings to pass em off as real ebony.

And Brent those chairs of your work great as Larry and i discovered sitting on them at the top of your hill. Lol.
Even had Larry carry a piece up there for me. :) was a real cool beer that watching the sunset over the valley. Priceless moment in life i shall never forget.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk