Lake Odessa, MI

I got Larry's phone. You have it with you? Or do I have your house number? I don't have Tom's phone.

Found an item for 5 Talents in Lake Odessa I may want to buy but need someone to pick it up and hold it for me until I get there. Needs a truck or small trailer. Bidding ends Saturday morning.

Carol I live fairly close to Lake O'. Less than 30 min. I can get a trailer if the truck won't handle it. I am up in Northern Michigan until Thursday afternoon. I'll pm you my phone #. AT least this is an option in case the ambassador is occupied solveing wwing (world wide) problems.

I bought a cargo trailer in Lake Odessa during the Merlau/Niemi woodworkers' weekend. Does that count? I'd help if I could, mostly out of curiosity, but I'm far, far away and getting farther.

I thought that was a livestock trailer?

Well, it was on the trip home that time Allen. We did a temporary battlefield conversion in Larry's yard, During which he got an accidental shower :D:D

The trailer now has other duties in the asphalt line painting business.

Now, back to the subject at hand: what do you guess Carol is acquiring in Michigan that's worth dragging all the way to Calif? THAT would be a great roadtrip.

What Carol hopes to drag back to CA is a tractor. Hard to find what I want out here. Found one in MN, OH, and MI. I have lots of buddies in MI, so there you go.

Trying to pin the guy down as we speak, err...write. :type:

Darn! Already sold. But thanks anyway, guys.

Last edited:
Grapes do well here. That is true. But the tractor was to be a working model to relieve my poor back of things too heavy for me to contemplate.

Carol, A few specifics regarding what you are looking for in the iron horse department may just bear some fruit. I see tractors for sale all the time so I would guess that given the backwards nature of some of my farming friends who don't know what a "puter thing" is. You might benefit from the eyes and ears of the Family. I have friends with barns full of antique tractors and have been surprised by what they sell them for. Sometimes they sell for what was paid for them in 1930.

Another avenue is some of the local auctions. There are some daily national auctions run in my State that sell on average 65 pages of goods. Tractors are common on those pages usually 2-3 per auction.

Thanks, Paul. I found on it MO and will pick it up next week. See my road trip to MO posting for more information.

You are right. I can benefit from the eyes and ears of the forum with regard to those items unavailable on the left coast. Thanks for the post.