2 small tables

Both were coated with Minwax tung oil (5 coats) then buffed out with Behlin Buffing compound. Like glass , Very simple process. Sanding in between coats with 320 Finial sand with 1000 grit wet. Apply one more coat and buff. The buffing is the hardest part. I used a bit of Naphtha with the compound. I also worked the tung oil like I would a french polish when applying it.

Those look awesome, Dave. :clap: Just as a clarification, were you using Minwax "Tung Oil Finish" or was it pure 100% tung oil? I've gotten very similar (glossy) results on turned pieces with the "Tung Oil Finish".

Just the minwax straight from the can. Its the buffin compound that dose the trick.

OK, so it's Minwax "Tung Oil Finish" (wiping varnish with maybe a little tung oil in it). It's one of my favorite finishes as well. (And it does indeed buff out nicely, either by hand or with compound and buffing wheels.) :thumb:

As far as I can tell, Minwax doesn't sell pure tung oil. And that's a good thing, in my opinion. The results I've gotten with pure tung oil have disappointing.