Found this in a wall today

Chuck Thoits

eta6unab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I had a leak in my gutters and a wall had damage.
when the contractor took out the wall, he found old tins of candy from the 50s. seems the workers just put the empty tins in there and left them.

On the plus side...Hey! Free sheetrock!

One of my business cards is in a hollow concrete box girder on an elevated roadway in front of the Albuquerque Airport. It, and the half dozen other cards that were sealed in that girder will probably never be seen when that structure is demolished in 75 years or so. :) I also have several dollars worth of quarters sealed in the concrete paving where the airplanes are parked. I used to toss a quarter in pretty much every pour we did on that part of the project. I doubt they'll be found. That concrete is 18" thick. (Although come to think of it, my quarters are all at the bottom of the concrete, which was poured on top of 4" of asphalt, so they might show up one of these decades when that paving is removed and replaced.

I also have several dollars worth of quarters sealed in the concrete paving where the airplanes are parked. I used to toss a quarter in pretty much every pour we did on that part of the project. I doubt they'll be found. That concrete is 18" thick. (Although come to think of it, my quarters are all at the bottom of the concrete, which was poured on top of 4" of asphalt, so they might show up one of these decades when that paving is removed and replaced.

Well, they have not found Jimmy Hoffa yet...maybe he will show up along with some quarters. Just saying...

Probably wondered why the floors bounced so bad and the roof sagged on that side. :rofl:

I'm sure several houses my dad built had one or two left-over pop cans and empty Lucky Strike packs in them for mementos. My first house had balloon framing and we found all kinds of keepsakes in the walls that had dropped down from the attic, but nothing like you found. :doh: