My goat wagon

Paul the stain I used was a semi- transparent acrylic called “great lakes”. I love the color but certainly don’t care for acrylic stain. I find it dries far too quick for me. Here is a pic of the mix recipe from the store
11.jpg

Here are a couple pics I took along the way Vaughn. I made the wheels a while back but will get pics of the next ones.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

That's a right nifty little wagon. Would definitely like to see more of the wheel work when you do another.

Am also curious about the front wheels pivot and the bracing setup between the back of the frame and the rear wheels.

Looks Great.

It is WELL built for sure.

That will look great in the garden.

I do hope you are going to fill it with HAY.

DO you actually have goats - it would be GREAT to see a pic of the goats eating hay from that wagon.

The brace at the back of the cart is a piece of 5/16 cold roll and is welded to a ¾ x 1/8 piece of flat bar bolted to the carts top rail. For the bottom I just used a 3/8 fender washer and welded the cold roll to the top of it which still allowed room for the 3/8 bolt to secure the wheel.
20140413_204037.jpg
The pivot is very basic, no half laps just the pieces to accept the handle screwed to the axle board with a filler block at the same thickness secured in between and a 3/8 bolt for the pin. I hope that helps Ryan.
20140413_204147.jpg

I wish I had an acreage Leo but stuck in town, I did ask the dog if she would pull it but she just looked at me then jumped in back so I am thinking that was a no. The wife is going to put flowers of some sort in it.

Nice design!:thumb: Love that type of construction. Your cart has such nice clean lines, its combination of complexity with simplicity & functionality is pleasing to the eye - it just smacks NICE! Love it!

Reminds me to get off the jewelry box fixation & onto something more satisfying & challenging.

Years ago my daughters broke a team of goats to drive. They also had a big older wether that would pull their sled with them on it. Generally amounted to them leading him out to the field and then jumping on the sled as he would run back to the barn! Good times had by all! That goat wagon would be a hit with a team of goats pulling it. Nice project.