On the way to KC

I guess its the time of the season for tractors and tractor accessories.
while driving through rural PA this past weekend, out near Harrisburg then going back east into Hershey and Lancaster, seemed all the rural farming areas tons of tractor accessories placed roadside with for sale signs on them.
equipment of all sizes and shapes.
a lot of Kubota brand? tractors.
many john deere tractors, tuff to shoot pics while driving 55 on single lane roads.

I did get one shot of one that I think carol is thinking somewhat along these lines, but this guy had a price of 6000 on this, sign stated less than 48 hours use, but it looks like it saw a bit more than that.

youre on the wrong coast carol, out here, seems people in every town are trading up equipment this time of year.

this deere tractor was actually in a town , outside of Lancaster, not a farm.

$6000 isn't bad for that Allen, unless it's been abused, maybe driven by a kid. If the 48hrs is right, then a lot of time must've been devoted to rubbing the mower deck on stuff. They're great mowers, very fast and zero-turn radius. They won't do anything else though, like the heavy lifting Carol's after.
Looking forward to the travel stories and pics Carol, and some of the new toy of course! Have fun and be safe.
Peter

Though that may also slow down thieves. One guy on a tractor forum I visit when to get a tractor. Overnight at the motel, the straps on his tractor were cut and the machine went missing. Gave me something to think about!

I have a couple of steel cables I had planned to lock around it. Was going to use 2" ratchet straps to tie it in four places. Tractor is nearly a 1000 pounds. Kinda hard to steal, but thieves work harder at not working honestly than working honestly requires as we all know.
Back into parking spot at motel, etc!:thumb:

Last edited:
Looks like your bringing the warm weather with you, supposed to be 82 on Wednesday. :thumb: Of course it is the midwest, so plan for anything. ;)

A friend usually backs up his truck and/or trailer to a light pole or other non-movable structure when hauling his bikes. He had one year that thieves tried to unhook the trailer. Luckily it was entirely too much tongue weight for them to move away from the truck. So when he parks he'll sometimes move stuff to the front of the trailer, then re-balance the load the next day. Another option may be having an alarm put on the truck and have them include a trigger switch on the tailgate.

Thanks, guys. The tractor is 1,000 lbs. The ramps will be padlocked into the bed of the truck. The tractor will also be locked down. It will take a concerted effort. I think I am more concerned about the whole truck disappearing!

Thanks for the weather update, Darren. I am praying for great driving weather. Cloudy in the mornings coming your way and clouding in the afternoons coming back. Hate sun in my eyes. :)

As for wardrobe? Layers. As you said, it is the Midwest. Plan for anything.

Still lots to do, but today is Maundy Thursday and I am preaching tonight. So preparations for the trip are on hold for the day.