Sorry Deleted

Looks like a well-built rig, Hu. :thumb: I'll be looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it after you've used it for a while.

I do, however, have a bit of a beef with Mr. Harrison, though. He is selling his own versions of popular tools designed and developed by friends of mine. Just the nature of the tool biz, I guess. :rolleyes:

Vaughn,

The copies do seem to be the nature of things. If they are ten or fifteen percent different even from a truly unique idea they are completely legal too. Only a court can decide what ten or fifteen percent is. I had my exact design stolen years ago when I trusted one of the grand gentlemen of the sport with a proto-type of a unique design. Still get annoyed thinking about that. Ran my blood pressure up reading the posts singing the praises of the one that stole my design and saying how wonderful it was. The only plus is that I only sent his friend half of the design. Best I know, nobody has been able to steal the other half yet! Sold my machinery or I was going to put out a rest just like his and dare him to try to sue.

I worked in R&D and with military contracts for awhile. What a cut throat business that was! Almost lost my job on the second or third day when I realized that the owner was trying to steal a design and I refused to draw it.

Late to the game myself, I have no clue who copied who. If these folks are one of the more flagrant johnny come latelies copying everything in sight I would appreciate you pulling the thread.

Hu

No worries, Hu. ;) Like i said, it's pretty much the nature of the business...any business for that matter. I think one thing Harrison Specialties is doing is providing a lower-cost alternative to popular tools, and I can't fault them for it, nor can I fault the people who buy them. Heck, I play a couple of Asian knock-offs of popular American guitars because I wasn't willing or able to pay the high prices of the originals.

Like I said earlier, it looks like your new hollowing rig is a good piece of kit...it should serve you well. :thumb:

No worries, Hu. ;) Like i said, it's pretty much the nature of the business...any business for that matter. I think one thing Harrison Specialties is doing is providing a lower-cost alternative to popular tools, and I can't fault them for it, nor can I fault the people who buy them. Heck, I play a couple of Asian knock-offs of popular American guitars because I wasn't willing or able to pay the high prices of the originals.

Like I said earlier, it looks like your new hollowing rig is a good piece of kit...it should serve you well. :thumb:

Vaughn,

Seems like a decent enough tool looking at it, I just ain't gonna promote it! Put it all together and it is all there. Works OK on the living room floor. :D

We have plenty of crawfish here in South Louisiana. They can still be imported from china a dollar or two a pound cheaper for tails. Taste much inferior but some people don't care. I didn't like it when the small supermarket I patronized started stocking the chinese crawfish but I kept my mouth shut. Then one day I came to the supermarket and they were having a sale on the upside down crawfish tails and had a big sign in the window, right in the middle of our crawfish season! To make matters worse we were in an area with plenty of crawfishermen trying to make a living. I had been trading there regularly for a few years so I ran down the boss. Told him giving people a choice was one thing, promoting the chinese crawfish another. Told him I would tell everyone I knew or bumped into about what he was doing if the sign didn't come down and that I would express my disapproval with my pocketbook. His right to promote chinese crawfish. My right to tell everyone I bumped into that he was doing it and shop somewhere else myself. The sign was down when I passed by a few days later, maybe the sale just ended as planned. However enough people complained that he never promoted the chinese crawfish again, or not that I know of.

I felt kinda like I was promoting those danged upside down crawfish with this thread!:chair:

Hu