Sanding Sleeves for Ridgid

Paul Douglass

I recently purchased the Ridgid spindle/belt sander. I'd like to order some different grit spindle sanding sleeves and sanding belts for it. Just curious is anyone has preferences as to where they buy them?

Well, i bought mine at Home Depot & if my memory is still intact, the grits they sell are 80 & 150. I believe these are the Diablo brand. Frankly, I'm hoping to find a finer grit for better finishes, like ~220-240-300 grits. The Diablo brand comes in a 10 pk with 5 different dia's. each in the 80 & 150 grits from 1/2" -2" dias.

Last edited:
Okay, you guys win! Klingspor was the first place I looked because you guys turned me on to their sandpaper. Now I have spindle sleeves and sanding belts for my Ridgid coming from them. I think I got enough to last quite a while.

Al, in my searching this morning I did not see any sleeves over 150 grit (or grids, which ever it is)

One thing I have found on Klingspor. I'm not a fan of their yellow glue compared to Titebond glue. I'm using it and it holds, but to me it seems harder to work with. The parts slip more when clamping them together. I have had a couple things come apart, but it was in cases where I could not use much glue and Titebond may have done the same. But, when I use up what I have, it is back to Titebond.

Okay, you guys win! Klingspor was the first place I looked because you guys turned me on to their sandpaper. Now I have spindle sleeves and sanding belts for my Ridgid coming from them. I think I got enough to last quite a while.

Al, in my searching this morning I did not see any sleeves over 150 grit (or grids, which ever it is)

So which ones did you get Paul?

I order through Klinspor. Got a bunch of 100 and 150 grits sleeves in various sizes. Wish they would carry some finer grits but 150 is as fine as they seem to go. I should be set now for a few years.

Paul,

You mind sharing the part numbers of the sleeves you ordered? I'd like to order some for my Rigid oscillating sander.

Thanks
Jack

It appears to me that if you were to buy a "kit" of sleeves the kit would include a 3" dia. sleeve which the Ridgid doesn't accept. So, it seems as though one would would have to buy individual pks of three by specific size rather than by "kit", unless you can use the 3" on another sander..

they do have 220 grit sleeves paul maybe not the size you need though,, and maybe if you have to many you could sell the other guy some to recoup some of your costs..