Oh that hurt

We vaccinated cattle today and this big boy stepped right smack dab on my foot. Pretty sure a couple broken toes and maybe a few bones. As far as size, he looks me straight in he eye when he wants. And no, I didn't get mad or beat on him, he didn't know what he did, and didn't mean too.

2014-04-26 11.10.50.jpg

Yeah, that's gotta leave a mark. :eek: I got stepped on a few times by horses as a kid, but that big boy looks like he could put a stomp on for sure.

if livestock could talk I bet this is what hed be muttering ......howd ya like that stevey boy. stick that big needle in me without warning me again and Ill break your other foot!

Steve, that would be close to the type of injury Lou Ann suffered a few years back, two broken metatarsils, but the soft tissue crush is what has created the nerve pain that is lasting. Get it taken care of. You all have a chute and headgate?

Geez Steve don't do that, it hurts just thinking about it!

I'm with Jonathan, the soft tissue damage can be a real bugger long term. My knee I wrecked in a car wreck 10 years ago is still numb and cold all the time from soft tissue damage. In that case they couldn't do much but sometimes they can.

Guessing he might have been a bit big for a chute?

Pour on huh? Bet a lot kids wish theirs was pour on too--lol.

Even though your foot got stomped, your still ahead of those poor Nevada boys out there on the range.

Man-O-Man, that kind of stuff has to weigh heavy on a mans mind.

Steve, that would be close to the type of injury Lou Ann suffered a few years back, two broken metatarsils, but the soft tissue crush is what has created the nerve pain that is lasting. Get it taken care of. You all have a chute and headgate?

Yea we got one, he was about in and I guess he just figured he wasn't going to play. Pretty tight squeeze for him. I just put the mix in a cup and walked over and poured it on him. When he turned to leave he got me.

Doesn't look bad at all today. Little sore, OK lot sore.

Turn him into BBQ and let it be a lesson to the rest of what happens if they step on you. :)
Hope you heal quick not a injury to be taken lightly. Lots going on in our feet. Get it checked out well.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Steel toe boots on the farm? Maybe. Dodged a few half hearted kicks and dingleberry tails, but mostly they missed. Hope it's not as bad as it felt.