Big John's sojourn

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Big John will be spending some time at my brother's. Ron will repair an oblong hole in the scraper king pin assembly. He will also fabricate a multi hitch for Big John. I will be able to attach a drop pin hitch or a hitch ball type hitch. And he will take measurements for the pending Pickentote for the rear and the loader for the front end. All this we will build after the plywood mockups for proof of concept is completed.

A Pickentote is sort of like a backhoe, but it doesn't dig. It just picks up a load and totes it elsewhere. FWIW, a design by yours truly.

So now I have a woodworking project! :thumb: I will begin with plans and modify them. The plywood model will be full size so the hydraulics can all be worked out as we go. When it works, Ron will fabricate the metal version.

BTW, Ron is doing real well. No issues with the tumor removal. Much improvement with the gall stones. Doctor says they're gone. Now Ron is working on his blood pressure problem. I think he is happy to be dinking with Big John. I'll come back in a month or so to pick it all up.

Headed home tomorrow.