FIRST RACE OF THE SEASON

Paul Douglass

I just received this picture from my Nephew. This is his and his Dad's hobby. They have been at it for a while working along and getting better each year. Last year the won a few races. This was the first race of this season. They came in second in points. Not a bad start for the season. No, I don't under stand the class, points, etc.,etc. Every time he tries to explain it to me my eyes roll back in my head.... I hope to go with them to a few races this year. I made one in Portland last year, it was great fun. I'm not much help, but I can bring them coffee.

Mike  first race 2014.jpg

Hey, if he keeps waving the front tires in the air like that, he's gonna have a hard time steering it! :D

Looks like he's got some serious horses under the hood. :thumb:

I think it is a Malibu. This is kind of interesting. Larry, the Dad, had a Nova when he was a young man that he raced:

Mike picture.jpg

He sold the car many year ago. Last year he started doing some research and was able to track the car down to the current owner. It was sitting in an old garage and had been for many years. He bought it back and is in the process of restoring it. He will make it a street driver.

yeah those were the good years of the nova:) i thought it was a Malibu but my memory isnt as sharp as it once was.. glad he got his old car back those nostalgic times are always fun..

That is more fun than we should be allowed to have...who am I kidding...have him bring it to Jon's for BW 2015...I'd pay for a ride in that!!