Thread: HF DC Casters

HF DC Casters

So who in HF engineering thought it would be a good idea to put lock casters on a HF Dust collector? I have had a heck of a time scooting mine around to use/store it over the last few months. I finally got fed up thinking I had a bad caster, but turns out the lock lever on the casters were swinging and hitting the bottom edge of the base.

I ended up replacing all of them with non-locking casters of the same size, much easier to scoot now.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I like the locking caster, keeps the dust collector in place when it is running. But they are horrible casters and I have a time rolling mine if I move it. I've been contemplating building a new base to mount mine on and putting larger casters on it. But, I contemplate a lot of things I never get to. I only move mine when I clean under it. I want to (contemplating again) add a can and better thine separator to mine someday and I will have to build a better base when I do that.
    "We the People ......"

They must have added the locking casters within the past few years. Mine doesn't have locks. Never had a problem with it moving when it shouldn't, and it seems to roll OK on my concrete shop floor.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Yeah, it rolled fine, except the levers were just too close and wouldn't turn to allow it to change direction so the wheels dragged instead. Could probably shorten the levers with a die grinder, but shouldn't have to if they would test the design out they would know it hits.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault