Santana Fans...

Love Santana but we are barred from viewing the video. My life does not change. I moved thousands of miles to get away from restrictions now the media imposes them. :rofl: Must be digital rights issue crossing da border. need to finish my setting up of a private dns connection. :thumb:

So Ken whats your favorite of all his tunes?

Very cool. Carlos has been one of my favorites for years.

I had the pleasure of seeing Santana perform a private concert as the evening entertainment at computer convention I attended in 1999 or 2000, a couple of weeks before he won all the Grammy awards for the "Supernatural" album. There were only a couple hundred people at the concert, so I was able to get very close to the stage. It was a great show. :thumb:

Hard to pick a favorite Rob, luv a lot of their stuff, Evil Ways, Black Magic Woman, Europa, Samba Pa Ti ......Something in the way Carlos makes them strings talk :thumb:

That's cool Vaughn, was Jorge there? I think he has just as many chops as Carlos, just can't keep the spotlight on himself long enough LOL

Here Rob, this one makes it into the top ten of theirs in my book... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoIqXz2AIFs

I saw Santana for the first time at my High School; Las Lomas High in Walnut Creek, CA; this was before he had any albums out, I think he was like 14 years old, but he was fantastic then and is still one of my favorite performers.

...That's cool Vaughn, was Jorge there? I think he has just as many chops as Carlos, just can't keep the spotlight on himself long enough LOL...

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure Jorge wasn't there.

I saw Santana for the first time at my High School; Las Lomas High in Walnut Creek, CA; this was before he had any albums out, I think he was like 14 years old, but he was fantastic then and is still one of my favorite performers.

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with who saw Van Halen playing at backyard parties in Pasadena when they were both in high school. :thumb:

I've been a Santana fan for over 30 years (boy is he old! :rofl:) Anyone who plays the guitar well gets my respect and admiration, but Stevie Ray Vaughn, Billy Gibbons, Mark Knopfler, and David Gilmour are a few more of my all time favorites. I always liked Hendrix too, but I don't think he was ever at quite the same level as the others....maybe higher...or at least more high.... ummm, never mind. :D

Last edited:
Hendrix was ahead of his time and introduced us to a whole new era of style of music, got a friend here, Steve vandenberg, that this band in the early stages of Hendrix, was the opening act for him. Love sitting with him hearing his stories:thumb: Even more I would love to have Vaughn here for them to swap stories:D