Thread: Do you have a photocopy machine

Do you have a photocopy machine

Wow so glad I'm not a lawyer...

Although it is somewhat distressingly reminiscent of certain conversations at work.

Me: That's not a fooble, this is a fooble. The thing you are talking about is blah.
    Them: Yeah so I'm trying to move the foobles to the thingies.
    Me: Ummm yeah so those aren't foobles... I don't understand how you're trying to do anything with foobles with that command it only does things with blahs.
    Them: Are you sure? we all call them foobles?
    Me: No they're not foobles and you can't move foobles to the thingies that won't ever work, only blahs can be moved to the thingies.
    Them: Well we really need to get these foobles over the the blahs with the thingies its holding up our project.
    Me: Aaaaargh! Can you just paste the actual command you ran into the bug?

Good idea for a viral video but i feel it went on too long to get to the punchline and may have lost some viewers along the way.

Try being an "version" of English speaking person in an "Official language "English" speaking country. LOL

Kleenex , or spanner versus wrench and the list is endless Xerox being a good one.

Microsoft would have liked the browser to mean IE but they never managed that did they
    cheers

Definitely reminds me of a day at work ;-) To Rob's point, I try to make it clear that I speak "American" because not many in the world would call it "English".
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Too funny!
    You're right on there Rob. And then you have dialects...Newfoundland being a classic example in our case. It's the same language, but....

Heh, To right Rob. I'd bet a dollar you'd know what I meant if I said "put the torch in the boot" but I wonder how many others would realize that meant "put the flashlight in the trunk" and not "light my shoe on fire" .

I picked up some weird localisms in various places that impede my conversations with others sometimes. Loml has to remind me that not everyone (ok well no one ) on the mainland uses Pau to mean "done".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    Heh, To right Rob. I'd bet a dollar you'd know what I meant if I said "put the torch in the boot" but I wonder how many others would realize that meant "put the flashlight in the trunk" and not "light my shoe on fire"
    Ha ha. I watch a lot of BBC car stuff, so I only interpreted HALF of that statement. Of course, putting a flaming stick of wood into the trunk of your car is only slightly less dangerous than igniting your footwear.

Re: Do you have a photocopy machine

Ryan to show you how aclimated i have become i nearly could not understand you. I had forgotten for a moment that torch was flashlight. Lol perfect example.
    I keep wondering about them NATO excercises thinking of the word fire. Some might pull a trigger or push a button, others might reach for a helmet and hose or extinguisher. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    cheers

My Scottish Mother in Law used to frequently ask "How did yer no?" In spite of what it sounds like, it meant "Why didn't you?"

When I came to Canada, I had to give up bonnet, boot, windscreen, jumper, aluminium, tyres, tomahto sauce, crisps, etc. etc. And 'nut' meant 'head' to me, and something else to Canadians.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln