Haven't been working much lately with Dianne's hospitalization... but I did put in a few hours getting ready for my first show for the season... I like to do lamps and have found them to be pretty good sellers so far... I do two types, one is more or less an oil candle using the ultra pure oil candle inserts and glass lamp chimneys, the other is a full oil lamp, with burner, font(oil reservoir) and chimney. I've finally found a place where I can buy components but these two are actually made from lamps I found at Hobby Lobby... the first is turned from a green heart poplar log that I parted and turned like a lidded box, embedding the font in the log. The log was parted just below the bead. The base is about 7 inches tall x about 6 inches diameter. The overall height is 16 inches. Finish is gloss polyurethane.
This one is Bradford Pear with the same polyurethane finish and about the same size as the one above... I left the top of the font exposed on this one. It's fitted into the turning and then epoxied in. Dims are same as above.
These two are spalted Hackberry and finished with polyurethane also... these are the oil candles with the ultra pure oil candles. The chimneys are from local thrift shops or flea markets....and they are getting harder to find, or else the sellers have learned their value and prices have escalated.