Cabinet Door Shaper Cutters

A few years ago I bit the bullet and bought a set of carbide insert shaper cutters for rails, stiles, and panel raising (front and back). Forum friends twisted my arm not to be cheap, so I ended up spending $1,700 on the set (ouch), but they are great - one pass is plenty and virtually no sanding.

The company I selected was DeHart, which has virtually (or actually) self destructed from the personality of Mr. DeHart.

I later wished I had bought Garniga, similar to DeHart, but the cutters can be configured for glass OR floating panel (I had to buy a different set of DeHart cutters for glass doors).

Someone on my web site who said neither Garniga nor DeHart have working web sites any more, so I went looking. I found a small company - Rangate - which sells replacement cutters for Garniga, but since the last of the Garniga family in Italy has died and the company has been sold, Rangate now recommends Zuani cutters.

Here is the question... has anyone ever dealt with either
Rangate - LINK as a supplier and vendor/helper, or with
Zuani - LINK - a family owned Italian company that makes cutters and cutter heads

I would like to be able to recommend high end carbide insert cutters (similar to the ones i have) but neither my first nor second choice is available any more!

I will also be looking at cheaper solutions than carbide insert cutters, but at this point I am trying to find current suppliers for the high end.

You may want to see the video on Zuani LINK

Last edited:
Why not Byrd or Voorwood? I've never heard of the ones you mention.

I have never heard of Voorwood, but I will check them out. I probably need to take a new look at Byrd - I have a shelix pattern cutter but don't know anyone who has used them for rail, stile, and raised panels.

Following the lead of the Highly Respected (at least in the past) Garniga led me down this path.

Amana is my first choice in router bits and shaper cutters.

http://www.amanatool.com/shaper-framepanel.html

MikesMasterLogo2.gif
movingplane1.gif