Thread: Brainzzz!

Brainzzz!

Well, not really, just the best mushrooms ever! My sister and BIL stopped by tonight to see the grandson. They brought me some Morel mushrooms.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-02 19.04.05.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	82668Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-02 20.23.18.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	82669

Got them soaking now, but plan to egg and dip them in crackers before frying, will put the rest on wax paper and freeze them for later consumption.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

You lucky devil. Ever try Panko?

I remember hunting those with my dad when I was very young.

My grandma fried them up and man they were the best tasting mushrooms I ever had.

I swear I can still taste them and I have had any for probably 35 years.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Man, I'm so jealous
    Faith, Hope & Charity

you got good relatives if they share them with you.. its been so cold around here that i havnt heard of anyone finding any yet..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Never had those. They do look nice and I am sure the they taste good too. The title of the thread made me look because I love brains.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

In all my time in the woods, I have seen one morel, and it was so badly insect-eaten that I wouldn't pick it. We get a lot of meadow mushrooms and shaggymanes around here, and the occasional puffball.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Oh, Oh, Oh, I have a story. I have always liked Morel mushrooms and usually found at least a small bucket full each year. Oh, well except for one year...Before we moved into town we used to live on a 650 acre piece of land way out in the boonies. Just the year before we moved there a forest fire had gone over the mountain just above our property. Most mushroom guys know that mushrooms usually come out in a burn area 1-2 years after a fire, and that is exactly what happened. Well seeing as how Morel mushrooms are worth like 15$ a pound and are really quite a big business for some people the folks were just pouring in from all over the place. Well long story summarized the only way to get to the mushrooms was through our property, so people gave us a percentage of the mushrooms they picked every day. We were getting at least two 20 gallon buckets full of Morels each week. I had -and probably never will get the chance to again- never eaten so many mushrooms before. We also dried tons of mushrooms to eat at a later date as well.
    "If they don't know you personally, don't take it personal."

Wow, that would be cool.

Should have done these before breakfast, just barely had enough eggs for the batter. Fried a few up with butter, had to sit and savor them for a bit. The rest is all mine anyway, wife and daughter both hate mushrooms. :-)

Last edited by Darren Wright; 05-05-2014 at 03:14 AM.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Those look so good.. You lucky so and so!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash