Fun Little Project

Ed Nelson

This was not really thought out, I just needed to try a few things and this is what I ended up with. A while back LOML was after me to make another dog dish stand, which I did, but wasn't happy with it at all. Last week I picked up an old 3/8 mortise chisel at the Metrolina Expo Antiques show and after I sharpened it up a little decided I needed to try it out. This is when the adult ADD kicked in and I decided I needed to try turning 4 short legs and see if I could get them to match at least a little. Took some 1x3 and put tenons on the ends, draw pinned them in the mortices and attached the top. The stain was some trial stain for a library project I am starting. Here's what I ended up with (sorry for the crappy pic from my crappy camera)

IMAG0036.jpg

Thanks, the wood is a hodgepodge! Top is birch ply, banded with cheap pine moulding. Legs are poplar, and the skirts are pine. It actually all stained out pretty well!

Hey! That's really neat Ed! It would make a good chip or candy dish!

DT

Hi Ed, :wave:
This is how it all starts, using a little wood here for this project,:) trying a new idea on a little project over there:huh: , doing a piece for someone you know you are giving away so you use your executive priviledge to be creative :thumb: and then all of a sudden:doh: , all these little pieces of wood around you have 3 day projects with their name on them.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: multiply 100 little pieces by 3 days...try 400 pieces...:rofl: You are young..Right?:rofl:
Nice presentation Ed.:)
Shaz

:eek: We recently bought a plastic version not knowing whether or not our pooch would tolerate having his bowls up off the floor - he actually seems to like it a lot! However, the plastic holder spreads out so much at the bottom we've had to temporarily relocate the trash can, which really bugs the LOML. So, we had talked just last week about my building a replacement that would take up less real estate, and then yours pops up!:D

:thumb: Nice job and thanks for the push to get one done for ourselves. Stay tuned for the arts & crafts version!:rolleyes:

Our's are very spoiled. They are, after all, our kids!

Rennie, these are pretty easy projects. This one was made for Lila, our English Setter, and she went right to it like she knew it was hers even though she got different bowls! Spencer, the Airedale has had one for a while and I think Lila has been a bit jealous! Here is the one I made for Spencer.
spencemay091.jpg

Might have to make one more for Honeybear who is a spaniel of some decent. I need to get a pic of him to add to the shop pets thread!