Does anyone have one?

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
Does anyone know anything about this brand of machine or hopefuly the machine itself?

Fisch Precision Tools BDS612002 6-Inch/12-Inch 1-1/2 Horsepower Belt/Disc Sander, 120-Volt 1 Phase

http://www.amazon.com/Fisch-Precision-BDS612002-Horsepower-120-Volt/dp/B0000ZSKWA/ref=sr_1_27/002-5832463-5000840?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1176431866&sr=8-27

B0000ZSKWA.jpg

Sure beats the $1100 to $1300 price on the Powermatic (Which they don't have for shipping yet. :rofl: )

DT

Don,

I've seen some reports on their equipment (not this unit) and IIRC they are usually well regarded. From the picture I like the dust pick-ups, they look like they would be more effective than those on my Jet unit.

I read this on their Website..........

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Fisch Precision Tools was founded in 1988 as a union of American entrepreneurial skills and a time honored Austrian manufacturer established in 1947. The initial thrust of the business was to distribute the products of the Austrian manufacturer. Fisch quickly added high quality products manufactured in France, Germany, and the United States to broaden this line. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fisch maintains an active patent program to protect its high quality products from being copied by low quality manufacturers. The present facility in Claysville PA. was opened in 1995 and maintains an extensive stock of products to serve the needs of our customers. We also maintain our customer support staff at the Claysville facility[/FONT]

Might be worth a look! :thumb:

Nice looking machine but I’d be a little concerned about the dust port location. My Delta unit is ported out the back. Unless it comes with an “elbow” type fitting, it looks like you’d have a DC hose in your crotch! :eek: If you’re doing any significant sanding, these machines generate a lot of dust.

WOW! Thank you everyone.

Greg: I sent them an email to check out the reconditioned angle. Strange this machine isn't listed on their page?

Bruce: I wonder how much of a Pain it would be to move that dust collector point to the back of the cabinet? Would it be possible for you to get a picture of the inside duct work?

Jesse: I have the $99 Ryobi 4" x 36" Belt and 6" Disc Sander BD4600

http://www99.epinions.com/content_136428293764

It is a little workhorse. I will use it with the scroll saw and tabletop tools. I plan to do quite a bit of small work. This thing weighs somewhere around the same as a 1956 Buick! :rofl: with a very small foot print. I love it!
I don't think they sell this one anymore.

Stu: Thanks! That's just what I wanted to see. :thumb:

Frank and Cecil: Thank you for the research. :thumb:

I think there are two main concerns with this type of machine.
1) Does the belt tracking really work?
2) Will Bright Blue go with Baby Poop Yellow and Battle ship Gray??? :rofl:

At my age, it sure is nice to have big brothers and sisters to ask for advice.

DT