From Roots to Bowl

Hello Vaughn,

I've turned many pieces like your root ball and one thing that has really served me well, was to wrap the exterior with stretch/shrinkwrap before completing the interior. I use the 4" wide rolls that you can get at U-Haul and similar places...
Thanks for the tip, Steve. If you look at the third to the last picture in the series, you'll see that's exactly what I did. ;)

I use the stretch wrap for a variety of things in the shop, from bundling pieces cut for a flatwork project then set aside, to light clamping of irregular shapes. It's very handy stuff. :thumb:

Ooops!

Apologies in advance Vaughn... That's what I get for multi-tasking! I was putting some things up on my website, whilst reading your post and talking on the phone to a gallery about a huge order. :doh: :doh: :doh:

I will now skulk back to my studio and sweep it out...

Yeah, I agree with Stu...no apologies or skulking needed at all, Steve. Heck, for all I know, I learned about the idea from you somewhere on the web. :) And as Stu also said, it's a tip that warrants repeating, especially since it's safetyt-related. ;)