FINALLY finished my Viking chair.

John Pollman

I finally got around to putting a couple coats of spar varnish on it to protect it from the elements. I'm going to try to see if anyone would be interested in buying them. I think I'm gonna try them at $95 each. We'll see what happens.

tigers chair3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice. Let us know how they sell. Did you have to buy a license from MLB or the Tigers in order to put the logo on?

My office has a nice view of Comerica Park.

I thought about that Kevin. ;)
I don't know how many of these I'll sell though. I don't think they'll be coming after me. I had just learned how to "print on wood" and gave it a try. It worked pretty well. I can do custom designs or even photos if someone likes.

You might be surprised, John. They have people who look for those things. Where the worm is in the apple is that you plan to offer them for sale. Made for your own use or as a gift and you're probably safe.

Some franchises are very aggressive with regard to protecting their logos. MLB and the NFL notoriously so. Disney, too. And Coke. You have enough going on in your life. You don't need this hassle too. Use original artwork or get written permission, which in their case is outside the ordinary mortal man's pocketbook. You can Google some real horror stories of 'innocent' use of a logo that got way out of hand. Showing mercy is not in their game plan, pardon the pun.

Yeah, I am keeping this one for myself. But I'm going to offer them for sale to others. They can have custom graphics if they'd like. If I do that, I can just use my own art work. Then I'm good.