FREE CNC stuff - gloat

Leo Voisine

On another forum I frequent one guy local to me that I have gotten together with a couple of times asked me if I wanted this stuff. He built a newer bigger machine and this was left over from his first machine.

I REALLY need to learn about stuff and this will be a good learn for me.

There are 4 BIG NEMA23 stepper motors. They are significantly larger than what I have on my machine now.

There is a Hand Pulse Generator. That's the box with the knob and buttons - remote hand controller is you will.

There is the box with the axis drives - and I think the BOB is in there. That is the box with the blue and green face.

He also gave me 2 nice flat screens - Planer and Viewsonic.

There is also a power supply.

I have no plans to intentionally burn anything out - but I need to learn - and the price is right.

I now have 8 nice stepper motors besides what is already on my machine. I have previously bought 3 new steppers to replace the ones on my machine. I replaced one already.

On a side note - that little piece of scrap wood under the steppers is my attempt at learning how to do what I call a Guitar Finish. There are three colors - one natural - one red - one black, sanded, then red. Finish is spray lacquer, then sanded and buffed. I have not yet achieved the finish I want, but the result is well within sight.

Free CNC-1.jpgFree CNC-2.jpg

What a score. Now you gotta put em to work. :) I think your friend called your bluff. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Nah,

The conversation went something like this,

Ted - Hey Leo I got some stuff leftover from my last machine. It's been gathering dust for a few years and it is in my way. I was gonna do something with it, but you know how good intentions go. So, I am gonna bring it to recycle. If you want it you can have it.

Leo - Ted - don't throw it away. Heck - I can find space for it to gather dust here for a few years. I may even find time to play around with it.

Soooo - there it is.

Actually - I got my machine that way too