Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bench Shots/Weekend doins'

Bench Shots/Weekend doins'

The weekend is almost here. Will be here shortly for me. So post time to post the photos of Whats on your Bench and lets talk about our weekend plans!

I am like a kid a candy store! I have so many new things in the shop I can be working on. Going to have to set up a game plan and stick to it or I will get NOTHING done.

First off is the bench shot. Thats a coffee table I did for the wife and rushed into the house for a party. It's back being finished. Some touch up work and refinishing the top. Never was happy with the finish. It's only needs a couple more coats of varnish and it's ready for the house.

Then there are these two new machines in the shop. Where do I start restoring?? Plus I have a Delta LD shaper to part out. I need to start tearing it down. Man have I got plenty to keep me busy!

Jeff
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

[SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Nothing on the workshop agenda this week. My Shrine Club is putting on it's annual circus today and tomorrow. I'll be helping with that and, on Saturday, will take a couple hours to attend my writers group. Wife is bringing the grands here for a few days to see the circus, their first, and visit. Weather is lousy, chilly and lots of rain. I haven't made shavings in a couple weeks. Y'all are gonna excommunicate me if I don't get busy soon.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Finishing the wifes blanketchest rehab that belongs in the fire pit, but she loves it so.... .Only needs poly to finish it. Sand and stain a bench for a freind. The sunday help install lower cabinets in a buddy's kicthen. other then that, just laying around.

No pictures, but the wife decided that with a heavy spring storm blowing in Sunday, replacing the front door this weekend is out. That leaves my weekend pretty much free. I have been in between projects ever since my last wooden model was completed, but a guy at work wants a new pistol display case made. I never made one before but I think I will start it this weekend...

Of course I could go snowmobiling We got another 7 inches of snow today and it looks like more on Sunday. So much for global warming here in Maine anyway...

I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Steve Clardy Guest
    Amongst working on cabinets, cleaning some bedrocks up to sell.

Building a #3 type 13 for my user set.
    Working on a 140 stanley for a user. I did some horse trading with Lyle Dewalt to get this 140. All the shaving are from it.
    Last edited by Steve Clardy; 08-06-2008 at 06:11 PM.

My under-construction workbench supported by my Festool MFT is now slightly further along than it was in last weekend's picture.

Attachment 7236

I hope to work mostly outside this weekend but, if I don't, there will be some further advances on my workbench
    Cheers, Frank

Paint, and more paint. (inside the shop and the eaves) Hopefully I can start building my built-in work bench next Thursday when I'm taking some time off before I lose it. Have to put up some guttering on the shop to help alleviate the standing water when it rains hard first. That's if I get the eaves painted this weekend! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Busy weekend this time around. A corner cabinet for a doctor's office (standing on it's head) waiting for finishing.
    Attachment 7237

A glue up on the base for my new DP (stealth gloat).
    Attachment 7238

The new DP patiently waiting.
    Attachment 7239

Some storage bin holders just finished real quick-like (scarey-sharp stuff in the background).
    Attachment 7240

Parts to my new workbench top under construction and the 'soon to be replaced' baby DP.
    Attachment 7241

Hope to make some decent headway on each knowing full well none of them will reach completion before Monday rolls around.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 04-14-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Amongst working on cabinets, cleaning some bedrocks up to sell.

Building a #3 type 13 for my user set.
    Working on a 140 stanley for a user. I did some horse trading with Lyle Dewalt to get this 140. All the shaving are from it.
    That's it, I have never said it on here before, but gosh darn it...you suck!! (I am just kidding of course) but I would love to have another #140. What a nice plane. I rebuilt that Stanley #140 for a guy on another forum, and man was it ever hard to ship that plane out. If I see another one I know I am going to grab it pretty quick.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"