Another new thing to learn

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Arduino start.jpg

You are looking at the Arduino starter kit. With a little direction from Rob, I took the plunge and ordered the starter kit. Everything is downloaded and checks out OK. Ready to build and program circuits. Maybe tomorrow night after a meeting.

The plan is the have thermal mass walls on the west and south side of the new house on Five Talents. The thermal mass walls will consist of high and low windows and deep vertical thermal boxes with inside and outside vents.

For cooling there will be base windows (meaning low on the wall) and very high windows. When the temperature gets too warm, the windows open and allow cool air to come in the bottom and hot air exit the top. For heating, there will be low vents one the outside of a thermal riser and higher inside vents on the same thermal riser. The sun heats the riser. When warm air is needed in the house the vents open. Both of these systems as passive. The circuitry will turn linear actuators on and off depending on temperature. Coupled with appropriate ceiling fans, this should cut down on electrical costs in the future. Meantime I get to play with the individual items until I get them to work as I desire.

I have a larger 12v linear actuator to play with. When it works I'll get some mini actuators and build a model.

So many projects, so little time. But having a ball.

You never cease to amaze. These little things are a lot of fun. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

You never cease to amaze. These little things are a lot of fun. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Cool! Let us know if you have questions. I sure a few of us have some programming tricks up our sleeves we can pass along.

Phew Brent i said the same thing "Amazing".

Thank goodness you guys chimed in and stepped up as tech support :) . Carols nothing short of speedy Gonzales mine is still in its box. So i am of little use other than peanut gallery or one of those empty barrels that makes the most noise. Lol.

Way to go Carol. You sure a Hip Pastor now.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk