Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a Good Shop Vacuum ???

Laurinburg NC

I need a Good Shop Vacuum ???

Recently i had my main large shop vac go out..I contacted Shopvac and they sent a replacement motor and then a week or so later my smaller shopvac went out. This time they wont even acknowledge my email. Needless to say I wont buy another Shopvac....(On another note I have an older ...25 yrs old...Shopvac and it i still running strong.
    Anyhow I need a brandname and best place to buy a shop vacuum cleaner. I am going to buy a small one (I think) I think this time to use in house vacuuming dryer ,under fridge and this type stuff. Any help is appreciated! I might buy a regular size one.

Escondido, CA
    I'd look at Rigid at Home Depot. I have a small one the really sucks - in a good way. and also not all that loud.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Tokyo Japan
    I have a Makita, it is most likely not available over there but it is very good, stainless steel drum, and I really like the tool control option, if you plug a tool into it, like a sander or my Festool track saw, when you turn on the tool, the vacuum comes on, and when you shut off the tool the vacuum runs for five seconds then turns off. This is a very worthwhile function and if you can get it on whatever vacuum you end up buying I'd pay more for this option.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

new york city burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    I'd look at Rigid at Home Depot. I have a small one the really sucks - in a good way. and also not all that loud.
    I purchased a rigid at home depot a few years back on a july 4th. They were open with ridiculously low prices on sale items.
    I purchased the rigid for under 20 bucks. Its the best shop vac Ive ever used. (I had 2 genies, one shop vac brand, and a yellow one Im not sure what brand its hidden under a table)
    Human Test Dummy

Plainwell, Michigan
    Another Ridged fan here, have one at work and in my shop at home

Billings Missouri near Springfield Mo
    I have a Ridged and a ShopVac I would go for the Ridged in a heart beat it's a much better Vac I think
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Constantine, MI

I need a Good Shop Vacuum ???

Rigid here also. Just got one a few months ago and run it with my dust deputy. No complaints and much quieter than my old shop vac.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Dennison, MN
    I have an Alto-Wap. Phenomenal vacuum. Quiet, light, and does an amazing job. Pretty sure mine is the 8 gallon variety.

The Festool vacs are good, as are the Fein's.
    "Do, or do not. There is no try."

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    I have a 5-gal Ridgid that just keeps going and going and going and...

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

I have a Festool CT22 that has given me exceptional service over the past 7 years. Also, have an Ultra Dust deputy attached. Never have to replace the vac bags.