Friday is here again!

Al Launier

Showers Fri thru Sun, nice Monday @ 77 °F. :thumb: So the plan is a weather work-around - mostly errands with perhaps a parade & some activity in the shop - basically a lazy weekend. Monday is a family BBQ day.

busy monkey here, getting paint for the kitchen, replacing a sander, picking up wood for the nephew's corner cabinet, the new chairs, and for the other stuff going on.

Quiet night tonight...outdoors all day tomorrow with a couple BBQs to attend. Sunday I'm a single dad for most of the day so probably a bike ride to our favorite sandwich shop (since the wife isn't a fan like the girl and I are), then another BBQ with extended family. Monday is relax time and shop time.

spent yesterday most of day at doctors appts with wife, so today Im going to relax, head over to the movie theater, a once every 5 years experience for me.
tomorrow, final sanding and put first coat of stain on rolling printer stand, sunday second coat if dry enough, and my son is having everyone over for bbq sunday night, watch the hockey game on a 12 foot screen in his yard
no plans for Monday.

totally unmotivated to woodwork, although I have 3-4 small projects to get going on, and then making new top for coffee table and new doors for entertainment unit. just have to get my woodworking mojo back.

Continuing the house purge. Time to haul all the old clothes and other items we have been collecting for charity off to their next stop. Anywhere but in the house ;-)

Heading north to our small pice of land with my bud, nephew brother and one of his friends to seek out some moral mushrooms, sit by the camp fire and enjoy some adult beverages!

I am actually going to enter my woodshop to clean clutter and see if any bench tops are still there! (it is a disgusting pile of stuff after sitting since last June!)
Saturday evening, kids all coming home and cooking out. Going to get the boys to help me move my metal lathe.
Sunday, watch the Indy 500.
Monday, kick back, relax, work in the shop again.

Tonight is yet another Happy Hour gig at a local sports bar & grill. :guitar: Three fun hours of acoustic classic rock with an electric twist on the side. (I'm the electric twist.)

Most of the rest of the weekend will be kicking back doing whatever comes to mind. May go catch a movie, I'll surely go out to eat once or twice, and might take a day trip to somewhere. Most of my family and friends are headed out of town, but I'm staying local to hold down the fort. I also need to write a newsletter for my shooting club, and get some guitar practice time under my belt for another band project I'm looking to get involved with.

Monday I'm headed over to my dad's to try to troubleshoot why his new computer isn't able to connect to his WiFi router. And Monday night my pool league team will be playing in the second round of the 9-ball playoffs. We dominated this season, so here's hoping we can continue that trend through the playoffs and Regional (then State) championships. If we place first or second (I believe) in the State competition, we get to go to Las Vegas for the National matches.

Friday: Working on a small project LOML requested: a robe rack for our master bath. Ran profiles and now doing a lot of sanding! Also tested the conversion I did on my HF pressure paint tank to make it both vacuum and pressure for turning blanks - will post a thread on that soon.

Saturday: Begin the finish on the robe rack. Find some good weatherstripping so I can complete a clear glass bottle assembly for doing vacuum stabilizing.

Sunday: I'll fix brunch for us, then settle in for a lazy day - I hope!

I go to the movie theater once every 10 years.

today I went to see Godzilla, Im a monster movie fanatic, I watch all monster movies.

I paid for regular vision, not 3d. I don't care for 3d.

Sit down in theater, only a handful of people first show, theres no sound during ads and whatever is on screen.

Noone gets up to say anything, so I walk the quarter mile(its a multiplex cinema, like 20 theaters, and our section was at the very end)
trying to find anyone who works there, to tell them theres no sound.
sound goes on a few minutes before movie goes on, and its all blurry.
I realize, its in 3d, but its not supposed to be.
I sit there, thinking, maybe its just the first few minutes, it will change?
nope, no one gets up, they all sit there and watch a blurry screen. Idiots.
I get up again, now ticked off, walk all the way down and tell the ticket ripper, the movie is in 3d, I didn't want 3d, this theater was supposed to have regular viewing, and he said, really?
I walk back to seat, the movie is still playing, so I walk to the 3d theater, rip open the recycle glasses bin and take out a pair, dangerous, I might get some disease, but I wanted to see the movie.
As soon as I sit down again, with my glasses, the movie screen goes pink, then blank.
Noone gets up, they sit there, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, what a bunch of idiots.
Now, the third time, I get up, walk back down, and Im told they cant get the regular version to play, so they are giving 3d version for free, hand me glasses, and then the guy comes back down and hands out glasses to the idiots who just sat there.
Then they play the movie from start, again, after I sat through 30 minutes of it already.
I was going to leave, but the usher came around in the dark handing out free movie passes for future movie for the inconvience.

The movie was the worst movie Ive seen in just about my entire life.

I wont use the free pass since I don't like going through metal detectors to get into a theater, I don't need to go where they have that kind of crowd, besides, the staff stands around in front horsing around while the ship is sinking.