Looking for Suggestions

Paul Douglass

Okay, so I have my little pen box I made for the wedding pen.
http://familywoodworking.org/forums...ENGRAVING-see-my-last-entry&highlight=wedding

While it was off being engraved, I ordered some little barrel hinges to use with it. I have the hinges now, and what I didn't pay attention to was how to install them. I figured, just drill holes in the lid and box, glue them in a go. But is looks like I need to put a 45' groove down the back of the lid and the box. I'm not real excited about trying that on the box/lid, because of the finish. I guess I could cover the box/lid with painters tape and go at it. Then put a finish on the groove. I just wondering if the is a better type of hinge someone could recommend. I am really not wanting the hing to show with the lid closed, least not much.

I know, think further ahead when making something, dummy!:eek:

Thanks, Ryan, for taking the time to search and post. I think I am pretty much limited to what I bought for this small of a box. I'm going to tape the box and lid up to protect the finish, and with the router in my table just shave a bit at a time until I get the required groove. If I mess it up, well.... I don't want to think about it.