Current pictures...

Well these are not the best and it isn't the most organized, but it is what I have to work with...

I think with a little more organization we'll be fine, But now I have to make room for the jointer that is coming on Monday... Here goes:

This is a cabinet I made out of scrap wood found in the attic. I made this about 15 years ago, when I moved in with my wife. The Corian top was added when I got it from work for free...

IMG_5831.jpg

This is a down the hall shot of the cabinet. You can see the band saw, scroll saw, Miter Box and DC...

IMG_5832.jpg

Miter box on cabinet and yes, that is a Ridgid SUV on the cabinet top. I retro fitted it because I didn't have room for actual SUV. I purchased the stand for work but it wasn't practical to use after about a week of lugging the thing in and out of my van, so I parked it in here until one day I brainstormed about what to do with it...

IMG_5818-1.jpg

I think the Table saw is buried somewhere in this picture...

IMG_5824.jpg

Here is the router in its Woodpecker lift mounted to the table saw.

IMG_5819.jpg

Here is my new toy on my workbench.

IMG_5834.jpg

Here is my first turning...EVER! I used 3/4 x 11/2 oak. Not sure if that was ok or not to use...

IMG_5822.jpg

and used these to do it with...
IMG_5829.jpg

Here is a picture of more of the mess, with lumber storage that I am currently trying to sift through... Note the Radial arm saw buried on the right... I am going to set it up for dado blade use only. As soon as all the wood is gone.

IMG_5828.jpg

A look into the back of the basement... Wash machine in there somewhere..

IMG_5833.jpg

Drill press and DC..

IMG_5827.jpg

Another shot of the work bench. The top is Poplar with Mahogany stain. I just threw it on for protection. The legs are all 2x4s sorta thrown together. The clamp rack was made by ripping a 2x8 from one point to the other on an angle and added some horizontal strips to hold the clamps. Much better then when the clamps hung from the ceiling all over the place...

IMG_5820.jpg

First raised panel shaped on the shaper...

IMG_5835.jpg

A shot from the steps through the clamp storage place..

IMG_5836.jpg

WHEW! The dust is because I was playing with the Lathe. The wires hanging are because I am remodeling the living room upstairs. I do have a bathroom down the hall, plus a fridge. Dunno where to put the jointer though...:dunno:

But this is my little mess.. heh... The room is only 16 x 16. One day we will move out of the city and into a nice workshop that I can call home. haha

Hi George, :)
Thank you for the walk through of your Shop. It is obvious you have the tools for the job and the fever to use them.:D That woodworking fever is mighty powerful heat. :rofl: Most of us have it.:D
Keep us posted on the progress of your living room remodel. What jointer are you waiting to get?
Thanks again,
Shaz

Jointer

I sure will keep everyone updated. The jointer I am waiting for is the http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1182ZHW

I have been building for 20 years or more and only really started working with hand tools and "real" wood working tools... heh... You can only do so much with a hammer..

Of course if it wasn't for side work, and credit cards I wouldn't have all this stuff... heh.. I think I have everything I need here...

But wait... Rockler has the bessy 50" clamps on sale for 1/2 price... I may need a few of those...

George, I've got the same table saw. I really like the TS3650. I've done some add-ons, but even in its stock configuration it's a heck of a saw. I've also got pretty much the same jointer as you're getting (a couple years older), and from the looks of things, the same DC (before I did a few mods to it).

And if it makes you feel any better, I've got the same clutter. :rofl:

George, if you think your shop is cluttered, you should see mine, (and it's bigger), ie; more clutter.:eek: A friend of the LOML offered to give me a nice metal shelf last week and I had to turn it down, because I absolutely had no place to put it. I'm slooooooowly framing in between the metal framing in order to insulate and finish the walls with some exterior paneling I had, on the bottom and drywall on the upper walls, so everything is pushed to the middle of the shop, and geez.....what a mess.

George, I've got the same table saw. I really like the TS3650. I've done some add-ons, but even in its stock configuration it's a heck of a saw. I've also got pretty much the same jointer as you're getting (a couple years older), and from the looks of things, the same DC (before I did a few mods to it).

And if it makes you feel any better, I've got the same clutter. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb: