My latest reclaimed furniture project...

John Pollman

A couple weeks ago, my sister in law gave me a headboard that she got from somebody that was just going to throw it out. She thought I might be able to do something with it, so she gave it to me. I thought about it for a while and then came up with an idea. A decorative storage bench. It's got an 8" deep full width storage compartment on top, and two drawers below. I started yesterday morning, and this is what it looks like now. I've just got to fabricate the bench/lid and it's ready for prep and paint. I think it's coming out pretty nice!

hb1.jpghb2.jpghb3.jpghb4.jpg

What a great idea! Beautifully done. :thumb: That one is really going to grab a lot of of attention, especially from your SIL. You may have started a new furniture trend - add it to your retail offerings.

John, you say, "I think it is coming out pretty nice". WHAT???!!! Nice??? That is a fantastic idea and build!! What a great repurpose!! You hit the nail on the head on this one!!!! Thanks for sharing.

I had a suspicion that headboard was gonna be a bench when you posted it the other day on Facebook. ;) It's looking great, John. :thumb:

Very cool re-use project John. I think its great to get another use out of something and your take on it is very clever.

I don't know how strong of soft the market is for things like that.
I notice headboards(and tons of other furniture) around here are tossed in sunday nights trash around the neighborhood.
I used to pull hardware off of a lot of the older tossed furniture, but I never used any of it, so Ive been tossing it myself.

its a very cool project, I hope you sell it quickly.