Better than I thought at first

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200586789_200586789?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Storage%20%2B%20Organizers-_-Workbenches%20%2B%20Work%20Tables-_-29034&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=29034&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=29034&gclid=CjgKEAjw2KCcBRCQ_6mztcunhEgSJABPxOF1I47zyRhzpoSn6Th5rbuxZE-sRCGJBJqhozkEuYJn8fD_BwE

A while back one of the guys at the turner's club brought one of these to the meeting to use. Thought it looked handy. Asked where he got it. He said Costco. Had to get one myself. It has proven right handy with my timber framing project. Very sturdy and versatile.

This is one of those "I'd do it again" purchases.

The above resource shows Northern Tool, but the price was the same.

My 2 cents.

I like that! I have the old Black and Decker folding table that came out in the '70s, I think. Least that is when I received mine. I have used it a lot over the years. But, it would be nice to replace it with something like this. I'll be looking at it the next time my wife drags me to Costco (I hate going there).

I bought one of those for dad a while back to replace his old plastic unit. It has been serving duty out in the wood shed where it is handy for helping with firewood prep. I have dad's original B&D Workmate that he has had since I was very young. It is still going strong but, became too heavy and unwieldy for him once he hit 80 so I lucked out. I too would do it again.

Last edited:
WOW - My kind of toy! :thumb: That looks like a great deal. I love the portability. Really have to look into this - hard to pass up a good deal. Have had the B&D WM425 Workmate 425 Workmate 425 for ~15 years(?) but have used it very little, except to set things on. Not so portable as I originally thought.

A month or so ago these were on sale at Walmart for $49. There was a hot thread on the Garage Journal board about them and people snatched them up. Lots of good reports on how well a "plastic" work table was performing. I was late to the party, as usual.

Dangit Carol, I barely have room for the Workmate and the Jawhorse that I'm already storing at my apartment (and never use), and now I've gotta get one of these. :rolleyes: :D