Complacency

Eric Black

Without warning or even a clue what was about to happen my table saw sled turned into me with an unexpected force and velocity. What I do know is I was thinking of the next steps of the project. Lucky just a bruise to remind me that my saw is not a toy and when it’s on so should be my full attention. I thought I would share this with others that let your mind wonder off the task at hand.
20140601_220218.jpg :eek:

Watch that bruise. They are not always as benign as they look. Other than that, glad it wasn't worse. And thanks for the reminder to keep your head in the game.

Wow, no fun at all. Thanks for the reminder.

It looks like it was lifted by the blade and tossed. Do you remember (or know) what caused it to get out of the miter slot?

I’m still not sure what happen, I had a stop block clamped on the sled and made several cuts before it kicked. I was drawing it back at the time. I must have somehow lifted the sled in doing so. The pieces where ¼ inch thick so the blade was raised about 1 1/2.

Glad that wasn't worse, thanks for the share. It was just the shop-gods telling you to make a two runner sled. Repetitive actions are prone to boredom for me and I try to ratchet up the concentration but, it is a challenge.

Last edited: