Friday , Friday , Friday

here we are again ! Working this weekend to get the cash for the long bike trip. Maybe get some Turkey calls turned. I'm enjoying the learning process and the learning curve was not to bad It only took me about 10 calls to get me to where I wan to be.

Saturday night, well, since long island will be a traffic nightmare, gonna watch the ponies, then the RANGERS.
sunday, I hired one of my gardeners men to go into my crawlspace and spend a few hours getting a lot of old junk out and then trash bagging a ton of old debris and sweeping it all clean.
today, maybe give my bil a call, I think hes on vacation, take him to lunch.

I redid a top for the coffee table in my back room, its all glued up waiting for final sanding and then oiling, poly, but Im too lazy to start that today

After Stacey knocks down for a couple hours, shopping, garage cleaning, beer making and cooking. Tonight is Food Truck Friday and a few Farmers Markets. Tomorrow is a street faire and Muck-out in Virginia City...don't ask cuz I don't know...but we're going for the food and beverage selection!

My neices HS graduation party is tonight but other than that there are no plans!!! We just got a new roof put on the house and quite a few plants got trampled. It was unavoidable though...I need to cut some stuff back and hope for new growth but a few things need to be replaced. Also the new roof makes all the little spots of trim that need repainting REALLY stand out now...so some ladder time with scraper/paint brush in hand is in my near future for sure. :(

Tonight, probably cleaning up the pool and shocking it, but looks like it may be raining and cool this weekend anyway. Need to get the photo booth out and do a setup check for my nephew's wedding next weekend. Want to also doe some practice on the lathe, need to make some file handles, will use some copper plumbing caps for ferrules. Also might be taking the grandson down to meet the great great grandparents.

Cut the grass today and went to the dump. Saturday we are having a birthday party for one of my grandsons and grand daughters. Just hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill.
Sunday we are going to my mother in laws house in Mass. It's the one year anniversary of my father in laws death. She is having a Mass (I think that's what it's called) in his honor at her church and then a small get together at her home.
Finally got my shop cleaned and picked up after making all the chairs so now I'm looking for a new project to mess it up again.

Hoping to get the trimmer working, mowing the lawn & finally getting the hinge thing resolved.

Running the usual errands & going out to dinner with the LOML.

Enjoying the good weekend weather!

I just found out over in Leesburg tonight all the art galleries are open live music at all the bars sort of a festival weekend I think I'm going to take a ride. I've got a couple people who know art gallery owners so hopefully might have a show in Leesburg..

Everything is on hold. Back is still out. Pain is barely tolerable. Down for the count for the time being. Literally.

Dang, sorry to see that, Carol. I hope you get relief soon. :(

No big plans for the weekend. Have a retirement party to go to Saturday...still not used to the idea of people in my age group retiring. Will also spend some time playing around with a couple of new guitars, as well as creating eBay and Craigslist listings to sell off a bit of unused gear. Also have to cleaning and reorganizing to do around the apartment that may or may not get done, depending on my level of energy. ;)

For me it will be another Exciting weekend working on my sons car. Can you tell how excited i am ......NOT.. parts have at least been ordered in the meantime we got to get those that are going back on cleaned up and prepped for meeting up with the new ones.

Be end of June before we finished at this rate. :( Next weekend should be a trip to Niagara to pick up parts again. BTW if any of you ever need parts for a vehicle and want choice and excellent pricing with online purchasing check out http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php

I would never be doing what we are to this car if it were not for their pricing and choice. We putting just about a whole new suspension on back and front.

Did get to do some woodworking the other night if i dare call it woodworking. Took a sheet of ply and covered it in floor vinyl with a tile pattern using contact cement and staples and attached it to the frame where the glass had been previously broken last summer by someone who has not owned up in the family yet was the only one around when it happened. :huh: Anyhow new top and its covering will be better than glass. Someday i will get to make a nice wooden one from something like Ipe.

These weeks pass way too fast for my liking right now.

After Stacey knocks down for a couple hours, shopping, garage cleaning, beer making and cooking. Tonight is Food Truck Friday and a few Farmers Markets. Tomorrow is a street faire and Muck-out in Virginia City...don't ask cuz I don't know...but we're going for the food and beverage selection!

Jim Virginia city looks like a great little town from what i see on google streetview. enjoy i envy you. :)

there are a ton of carnivals and street festivals near me this weekend.

must be that weekend of the year or something.

I was by an area near the water today, with all the restaurants, (Freeport NY), it was just a ton of carpenters building booths because tomorrow is a huge food and fun festival there, I saw the rides being set up for the kiddies, and every bar and restaurant had trucks in front of it, getting deliveries, and like I said, a lot of carpenters building 2x4 frames, counters? walls for booths? not sure why, but it was a busy hopping place.

Got a ten pound pork butt in the smoker, went to the Harbor Freight Tent sale and spent $50 on some things I "needed". Grands have been visiting and leave tomorrow so we will recuperate this weekend and oh.... thanks to Carol, we went to Costco. Two for me and one for the son-in -law. They got 'em here @49.99
yarn bombing 003.jpg

Last edited:
...thanks to Carol, we went to Costco. Two for me and one for the son-in -law. They got 'em here @49.99
View attachment 83214

I picked one up at Costco during lunch today, too. When I got back to the office I submitted a request to Amazon to cancel my previous order. About an hour later I got email from Amazon telling my my order had shipped. :doh: Ah well, the original model selling on eBay for what I paid or more, so I'll just sell it forward. ;)

Just got back from Lowes a little while ago. Got two 40" Bessey Revo clamps for $25 each (usually $45), which were the last two.
2014-06-06 19.29.48.jpg 2014-06-06 20.11.32.jpg

Two wood screw clamps for $10 each
2014-06-06 20.11.22.jpg

and one 6" wood bench vise for $12
2014-06-06 20.11.26.jpg

I need to run and get some lumber tomorrow, will be stopping in at the other two Lowes on the way there to see if I can pickup some more Revos and a couple more bench vises as I plan to make a couple of those kids benches Dan posted. may go back for some of their cheaper hand clamps to have around or for the kids benches.

BTW...The check out lady said they did have 4" drain pipe for $.57 each (10' sections), one guy bought both pallets they had. Will be looking at that tomorrow at the other stores too.

Last edited: