A Bit More Curly Maple...

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I picked up another piece of curly maple this week. :D (Actually, curly maple veneer on a mahogany body.)

I have apparently swallowed the PRS Kool-Aid...this is my second one. I found it at the local Guitar Center store sporting a clearance price that I just couldn't turn down. It's the PRS 245 SE model, and it plays and sounds even better than it looks. (The reflections in the pics below hide some of the figure in the maple, which has some curl, but not like the higher-end PRS models.)

PRS SE 245 01 - 800.jpgPRS SE 245 02 - 800.jpg

This one and the purple SE Custom 24 I posted pics of recently are both nice steps up from most of my other guitars. I have quite a few "cheap" guitars that I like (and use) a lot. I like owning relatively inexpensive guitars that are a good bang for the buck. I have several $200 - $400 guitars that compare favorably to guitars costing three times as much. The PRS SE series is much the same, just at a bit higher price point. :thumb:

My, your stacking them like chord wood

your becoming a pick-up artist

It's just a theory, but You probably need to leave a notation to the bar staff concerning your addiction

You may be a little off key in the head, but I truss you know what your doing

Lead guitar does not mean you have to lead in guitar collections

When you sit amongst them all, does that make you a groupie?

Treat them well, and don't git tar on them!

^^^ All in jest ;).........me :D >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loKp1SJMcQs

Alright...one, maybe two more and we're doing an intervention!:thumb:

Mike, the acoustic guitarist in our band, keeps threatening me with an intervention. Then I remind him that he's got two Rainsong graphite/carbon fiber guitars that are worth more than all of mine combined. :D And the kicker is that he seldom brings either of them to gigs. I actually use mine, lol.