Unbelievable! Friday again!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Wish I could say I was going to do something productive. Will struggle off to the acupuncturist this morning seeking some relief. Also waiting on Kevin to water the perc holes at Five Talents. Am trying to write but it is very hard to focus when part of my back is screaming. Learning new exercises and trying new pillows and supports and such.

I have not been in this much pain for so long since the accident in 2001. L5 and S1 are not playing nice with their neighbors.

Would much rather be outside working on the shade structure.

Ya'll share with more fun things, huh?

set up lathe tomorrow morning, then resurface my driveway(1500 sq of blacktop resurface, not fun)
fathers day, I was told we are going out to my favorite restaurant late afternoon.(only 8 of us)

Well our house is a mess. My wife wants to move on the next couple years and we have a packed house of 47 years of accumulated "stuff". She is finally going through things and planning this huge yard sale. It is really overwhelming! I will be moving boxes around for her and shaking my head a lot. I will also be weeding, and working outside. We're having problems with the little black ants so I will be doing some spraying around the house also.

On the fun side, I have a few projects going I hope to get some time on. I'm making new knobs for my drill press, building a cart for my street organ and two kaleidoscopes going. Going to be a busy continuation of the past few weeks.

A routine weekend in the makings. Errands, paint another, but larger, WW project box, dinner out for FD this Sunday. May take out the bow & practice with it.

Getting paid to golf this afternoon at a work outing. My wife's aunt and cousin are coming in to town tonight so there is a family gathering somewhere. :huh: Rest of the weekend will be spent scrapping and power washing the house getting it ready for paint. Not looking forward to it either. :eek:

Day off today. Wife is down visiting and we are taking the BART to downtown SF. Sat and Sun will play some golf and watch some (US Open). Wish I was home and in my shop instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carol, I hope that back gets better soon. My back doesn't scream much, but it talks to me a lot.

This Saturday I am hoping to finish a printer table, in peruvian walnut. Other than that, it's just see what the day drags in.

Time to declare war on the mole(s) attacking my garden. Tried to find some of the sharp pointy traps and the big boxes don't carry them anymore, so i ordered them from amazon. Sprays and baits don't seem to work. Saturation trapping does. Yard work after lots of rain. Now I need to spray for ticks again. This year has been a banner year for them. I'm a tick magnet.

ma8u2y3y.jpg

Sure beats driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not playing any gigs this weekend (we played last Tuesday instead). Going out tonight to watch a band that I'm hoping to join in the near future. (They play a bit more upbeat stuff than the band I'm currently in, and their schedule would mesh well with my current band so I could play in both of them.)

Saturday will be mostly chores around the apartment, but I'm hoping to spend some time with my dad. We're doing Father's Day a day early since I have plans with a friend for a day trip getaway Sunday to a nearby mining/ghost town.

Just some yard and garden work on Saturday. I have to replace the blades on my old JD tractor.
Sunday, after church, a few of the kids and grand kids are coming over for fathers day. Probably do some chicken, sausages, and burgers on the grill.

More chores around here.

I have to install a new swamp cooler on the roof. Sharon's insisting she's not going to watch. What can go wrong? I've got bob to get it up on the roof and a plan for moving it around once its up there.

Tonight I'm washing curtains and packing up the truck. My nephew is getting married tomorrow and we're providing the photo booth and some of the sound equipment. Sunday I think I'm going to smoke some brisket and watch the inside of my eyelids by the pool, unless it rains, then I'll be playing in the shop.

Time to declare war on the mole(s) attacking my garden. Tried to find some of the sharp pointy traps and the big boxes don't carry them anymore, so i ordered them from amazon. Sprays and baits don't seem to work. Saturation trapping does. Yard work after lots of rain. Now I need to spray for ticks again. This year has been a banner year for them. I'm a tick magnet.

Do you get any wind where you live. If so, here is the simple answer to mole problems. Takes about 20 minutes to make. This one was put in my garden to get rid of a mole, be there around 8 years and I have two others in the garden also. The rudder if from a coffee metal coffee can, can't get those anymore, but you can cut on out of some light sheet metal. It is "L" shaped at the bottom and screwed on. not tight, it needs to rattle. The prop I whittled, it is attached with a screw and a washer, attached loosely so it will rattle. The "rod" is a wood stake driven into the ground. The rattling when the wind blows scares the mole away, if you are lucky it scares them to your neighbor's yard.... just kidding. Had a mole show up in my lawn, the year before last. Moved these out there for a short while and mole gone. They work, I swear and are free. But, you need to have some wind to propel them.

IMG_2319.jpg

Ill remind any of you, the rangers are losing to the kings tonight, but Im not complaining, we wiped out all the Canadian teams and Pennsylvania teams, a feat I never thought would happen this year for the rangers.