rocker

On vacation I saw these rockers. They are really comfortable. Has anyone seen plans for rockers like these? They have an Adirondack look to me. I took several pictures if anyone would like to see more.

20140614_072140.jpgrocker front view.jpgrockers side view.jpgrocker top view.jpgrocker front leg view.jpgrockers back view.jpg

Last edited:
I don't agree with just using 2 3 inch screws screwed into bottom, end of front leg.
Not enough for a strong joint that is handling most of the weight of the person.
Id mortise and tenon the joint with glue and even a plug or screw through tenon. but that's just me, I believe in building things that can withstand a lot of abuse.

I don't agree with just using 2 3 inch screws screwed into bottom, end of front leg.
Not enough for a strong joint that is handling most of the weight of the person.
Id mortise and tenon the joint with glue and even a plug or screw through tenon. but that's just me, I believe in building things that can withstand a lot of abuse.

I agree allen. They used screws through the bottom also.

screws and glue are ok for butting two pieces together on faces, but screwing into the end grain of such a soft wood like pt pine, or cedar, a bit of side pressure and those screws will crack out of 5/4 or 3/4 decking. I know because after I made a rocker similar to that years ago, the rocker cracked off because I had it attached only with a bit of glue and screws into the end grain of the bottom of the leg.

they are nice chairs on that deck.

the rocker that I made for outdoors use, the one the wood magazine highlighted, used tenons, and I put a screw through the tenon. Its held up nicely.