Sketch-up Tutorials

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
OK, I've decided to move beyond AutoCAD v12 and learn Sketch-up. I've downloaded v6 and the pdf file of the manual. I've looked at a couple of videos and done the self-paced tutorials. :type:

And I am lost. :huh:

So, I came here and searched for all the post begun by Dave Richards and went to the beginning of his posts to learn what I could. :thumb:

Alas, there are no images that he alludes to in his text! There are on more recent posts, but not the beginning posts. :dunno:

Help! :confused:

Also, a suggestion. If these tutorials by Dave were numbered in suggested order to plow through it would be very helpful. :)

Carol, I'm kinda getting the hang of SU now, but by no means at Dave's level. What sort of things are you getting lost on? Maybe I can help?

(When he sees this thread I'm sure you'll find out why his older images aren't showing up. You'll also get a lot more experienced help.) ;)

I bought this book 2 years ago so I didn't check the current prize. It has increased a lot. There is an option to download in PDF format and it is a little less, but still pricey. :huh:

I also downloaded a free pdf manual from google. It is not as good as the book I told you about but it has samples, explains all tools, etc.
You can download it from http://sketchup.google.com/products.html
Look in the right side under additional resources, the pdf is "Google Sketchup Users Guide". :type:

Already did that, Fidel. Thanks.

I got started last weekend for a bit after a call to Dave. What a gem he is! Now I have to concentrate on up-coming finals. :eek: