Horse Liniment

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Update on the back.

Feeling a little better as far as attitude is concerned. Still considerable pain and swelling. Back is locked in the broken position for the moment. Core muscles involved meaning there is always tension on those muscles. Hard to relieve excess tension so the lumbar and sacrum can be adjusted. This morning the chiropractor applied stuff that smells like horse liniment, so I got on line. Seems people use these products intended for horses. If this works, I may try it in between appointments. Anybody have an experience with this stuff on people?

Well, being from Kentucky, I can say first hand that I have used it and had pretty good results with it. Got it at a drug store right next to Churchill Downs track.:rofl: I used it for a similar problem that you are describing that you have. At the time I was willing to try anything for relief.I figured nothing ventured nothing gained, and if it was good enough for a million dollar horse it should be good enough for me.
I hope that you soon find relief Carol, nothing drags you down like a bad back.

...This morning the chiropractor applied stuff that smells like horse liniment, so I got on line. Seems people use these products intended for horses. If this works, I may try it in between appointments. Anybody have an experience with this stuff on people?

BioFreeze, by chance? If so, the wife and I go through a tube of it about every few months. Good stuff. Our Chiropractor sells it, but it's cheaper on Amazon.

I also use Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel. Strong stuff. Wash your hands after applying it - you don't want to rub you face/eyes with any residue on your hands!

A little sweetness always goes along ways with me, Ted. ;)

And, Charles, as I recall they shoot horses when they are no longer worth a millions dollars. Didn't want to go there. Also, you are right, one will do anything, and I mean anything, to get relief from the level of pain I've had the last two weeks. It totally debilitates you. The brain focuses only on the pain and by force of will to focus on something else may work for a bit but the results are pretty crappy. I quit writing because what I wrote wasn't worth the screen space. I really want to get back to it, but right now I am focused on getting past this problem.

Maybe this afternoon I will wander off to the local feed store and see what is on the shelf for ailing horses. I need to pull the inflammation out of the sore muscles.

http://www.absorbine.com/blog/2010/06/26/the-history-of-absorbine/

Horse linement, do you mean Absorbine Jr?

I hear if you use enough if it you will win the Kentucky Derby.

All kidding aside, I've used it for years, and I like it. Takes the pain out if you sit still, but not if you move around.

What could God have been thinking when he made peoples backs so vunerable to this. Horses never have this problem.

btw--I've always found alcohol to make it worse.

Last edited:
Carol,

Another alternate is to go into the pool. Just walk and swing your arms. Ideally the water should be up to your neck or so. Really works for me. Also, in the water try doing your lower back exercises. I hook my heals on the side of the pool and just float. Sounds simple but there is very little or no pressure on the back. This encourages the muscles to relax.