For Sale -- Some wooden pen blanks I can't use!

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
1 Garry Oak (British Columbia, Canada)
1 Australian Brown Mallee
1 Ramon Burl
1 Yellow Cedar Burl (Alaska)
1 Macassar
1 Cocobolo
2 Amboyna Burls
1 Box Elder Burl
4 Honduran Rosewood Burl Eye
2 Bolivian Rosewood (1” sq)

Sell for $95.00. I’ll pick up the
mailing costs in CONUS!
View attachment 83380

1 Lignum Vitae (turned round)
7 Black Cherry Burl
2 Bocote
2 Spalted Birch
2 Hard Maple Burl (with inclusions)
1 Walnut Crotch
1 Long Leaf Maple Burl (Oregon)
1 Box Elder Burl
4 Stab. Box Elder Burl (should read Buckeye Burl)
1 Figured Sugar maple
1 Slab Yellow Birch Burl
1” th. X 3½”w. X 5½L.

Selling for $125. I’ll pick up the mailing costs in CONUS!
View attachment 83381

Some amazing pen blanks for less than $6.00/blank delivered to your door!

I can do PayPal!

Last edited:
Mack,
I saw a Facebook post where you said you don't have a lathe anymore, and now you're selling some of your supplies.

Are you retiring, or what? Curious...

Mack,
I saw a Facebook post where you said you don't have a lathe anymore, and now you're selling some of your supplies.

Are you retiring, or what? Curious...
Curiosity killed the cat, you know Jim!;)
My medicine man has put me in permanent retirement! It's a long saga, and I'm not looking for sympathy, but I guess I owe some friends on FWW an explanation. Suffice to say, I will be having a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted on July 10.

If you want more info, pm Carol or Rob K, they have my permission by virtue of this post to pass on my info to you.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the problems, Mack. Hopefully the Defib/pacemaker will help keep you around for a long time to come.

Best wishes for successful treatments!

Hope that implant gives you jump start, Mac. My friend had one and said it was like night and day. Follow the medicine man's direction and take care of yourself.

Sorry to see you're getting out of the turning game, Mack. :( Here's hoping the new bionic parts make you feel like a new man. :thumb:

Mack, man this post floored me. I don't know what to say. A couple of my friends have had pacemakers put in, but don't see the reason you have sold your lathe and are stopping pen turning. It is very theraputic (sp?). I know my one buddy can't be around welders anymore, but unless your lathe's VS creates a concern, you might find you have more energy than ever before.

Either way my friend, do what the docs say, heal and get well. Look forward to seeing your posts.

Just to clarify for my friends here -- the operative word in my soon to be implantated device is "defibrillator", not a pacemaker per se! This device is not meant to and will not improve my 'quality' of life. I am at risk for sudden heart failure. The "defib" part hopefully will kick in as defibs are meant to do.

This is more information than I really wanted to impart, so you have an understanding of my condition!