did you guys forget its friday?

Got another set of grands visiting. Ten pound pork butt in the smoker tomorrow. Been raining so there are plenty of weeds to pull in the garden, but this is gonna be one of the best garden seasons yet...knock on wood.
View attachment 83436View attachment 83437

Ted - wow - what a great garden

I just cleaned mine up today - first time this year. It clogged up the grass catcher on the riding mower - weeds were 4 feet tall and flowering. Should be good for several weeks now.

....Ted, You don't mess around!
Reminiscent of a directive I received from the missus early on :)

...Ted you starting a market garden, looks as though you set to supply more than just yourself. :eek:
Rob, all surplus after freezing and canning goes to the neighbors....no complaints so far.

Thats one of the prettiest gardens I've seen in a long time!....
Thank you, Sir. I have never met another Landscape Architect with a well landscaped house or nice garden. I hope the other LA's never find out about me...they will kick me out of the secret club.

Ted - wow - what a great garden

I just cleaned mine up today - first time this year. It clogged up the grass catcher on the riding mower - weeds were 4 feet tall and flowering. Should be good for several weeks now.
Leo..that happened to me last year. Too much work to recover, so I'm not letting that happen again. Last winter after harvest I covered it all up with landscape fabric and nary a weed grew. Yahoo!!

Last edited:
Still Friday on this coast...little work tonight in trauma. Shopping and cooking on Saturday and beer making Sunday...then 4 more off!

Late to the party, was off Thursday and Friday. Visited my wifes grandparents with my daughter, grandson, and MIL to get a five generation picture. Friday was mostly rest, but cleaned up around the pool and pulled weeds. Our daughter went back to work, so watching the grandson all weeked. Today I hope for a little shop time, but we'll see.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Going to the drive in tonight. Tomorrow we will probably be hitting some flea markets and antique stores. As always all plans are subject to change or morf inot something totally different with us!

Those and a couple other joyous things have kept me out of the shop so far today (Now 1:44 pm).

I have all kinds of things to do that would keep me in the house but, they just never seem to float to the top of my priority list :rolleyes:. I cut a batch of deck boards for the new decking around the spa, laid some finish on a few items and started building a small tablesaw sled. I will break for some chow and then I have to BBQ some chicken for lunches through the week. Then I may or may not dust, vacuum and all that.

went to the local art show at kennedy plaza in long beach, not much art, again, a lot of fresh farm vendors, bread bakers, one woodworker there had a table full of assorted size cutting boards.
His small cheese boards, maybe 6x9, started at 15 dollars, his large boards, 16x18 ish, 65 dollars.
I always wonder if its a waste of time, this is the second time I saw him, I hope he did some sales.
another lazy day, didn't do anything else except eat.