Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Mad Bomber

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Posts
    5,002

    Mad Bomber

    My wife has arthritis, and to keep her hands functioning spends a lot of time knitting and crocheting. She must be getting desperate for projects 'cause this is what she did to the speed limit sign out front. Called 'Yarn Bombing'. it does look better than the 4x4, but I bet the neighborhood kids will have it as a souvenir before long.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yarn bombing 025.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	83439

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ABQ NM
    Posts
    30,002
    Look on the bright side, Ted. I could have been multiple pairs of socks for you in those colors.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

    workingwoods.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    S E Washington State
    Posts
    3,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Look on the bright side, Ted. I could have been multiple pairs of socks for you in those colors.
    Oh, no, not that!
    "We the People ......"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GTA Ontario Canada
    Posts
    12,245
    Cool makes for much improved appearance.
    cheers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Look on the bright side, Ted. I could have been multiple pairs of socks for you in those colors.
    I'd wear them, but only if they came with a matching hat!

    A couple of years ago I got loml to make me a "klien bottle" hat; it wasn't quite as amazing as I'd hoped but is still pretty cool... if you're into that sort of thing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    new york city burbs
    Posts
    10,184
    in my local village, theyd probably fine someone for doing that insisting public property is not to be messed with, even if you make it more appealing.
    I don't think anyone will touch it, its looks nice.
    Human Test Dummy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    Posts
    4,944
    There is a STOP sign a half a block from my house. I think it would look really neat improved like that. You could write-off the trip to California as a medical expense if she came and fixed up the sign.

    Enjoy (I did),
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Amherst, New Hampshire
    Posts
    10,600
    Cool
    Faith, Hope & Charity

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Posts
    5,002
    Thanks all. This was a temporary change of pace from her primary mission...selling suggestive pot holders on ETSY...with tan being the most popular color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Look on the bright side, Ted. I could have been multiple pairs of socks for you in those colors.
    Leg warmers for acrobatic guitar players...they will sell like hotcakes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    I'd wear them, but only if they came with a matching hat!

    A couple of years ago I got loml to make me a "klien bottle" hat; it wasn't quite as amazing as I'd hoped but is still pretty cool... if you're into that sort of thing.
    I had to look that one up and am keeping it in reserve for an "I don't have anything to do" moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    in my local village, theyd probably fine someone for doing that insisting public property is not to be messed with, even if you make it more appealing.
    I don't think anyone will touch it, its looks nice.
    If the sign police come after her, we will remove the yarn and I'll spindle turn a replacement post out of eastern red cedar....we will never surrender!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    There is a STOP sign a half a block from my house. I think it would look really neat improved like that. You could write-off the trip to California as a medical expense if she came and fixed up the sign. Enjoy (I did),JimB
    I'm thinking of a cross country yarn bombing trip for her...one stop sign in every town along the way until she sees the Pacific. We can retire on the royalties from the book and movie
    Last edited by Ted Calver; 06-21-2014 at 02:55 AM. Reason: spelling

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    I'm thinking of a cross country yarn bombing trip for her...once stop sign in every town along the way until she sees the Pacific. We can retire on the royalties from the book and movie
    That is a capital idea! I'm thinking something akin to Kesey's Furthur bus but with a mad gaggle of Yarn Bombers and .. not sure on the vehicle yet, I do have a school bus if you're interested though, it would need some fixin and decorating

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •