Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mad Bomber

Mad Bomber

My wife has arthritis, and to keep her hands functioning spends a lot of time knitting and crocheting. She must be getting desperate for projects 'cause this is what she did to the speed limit sign out front. Called 'Yarn Bombing'. it does look better than the 4x4, but I bet the neighborhood kids will have it as a souvenir before long.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yarn bombing 025.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	83439

Look on the bright side, Ted. I could have been multiple pairs of socks for you in those colors.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Look on the bright side, Ted. I could have been multiple pairs of socks for you in those colors.
    Oh, no, not that!
    "We the People ......"

Cool makes for much improved appearance.
    cheers

I'd wear them, but only if they came with a matching hat!

A couple of years ago I got loml to make me a "klien bottle" hat; it wasn't quite as amazing as I'd hoped but is still pretty cool... if you're into that sort of thing.

in my local village, theyd probably fine someone for doing that insisting public property is not to be messed with, even if you make it more appealing.
    I don't think anyone will touch it, its looks nice.
    Human Test Dummy

There is a STOP sign a half a block from my house. I think it would look really neat improved like that. You could write-off the trip to California as a medical expense if she came and fixed up the sign.

Enjoy (I did),
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Cool
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Thanks all. This was a temporary change of pace from her primary mission...selling suggestive pot holders on ETSY...with tan being the most popular color.
    Leg warmers for acrobatic guitar players...they will sell like hotcakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    I'd wear them, but only if they came with a matching hat!

A couple of years ago I got loml to make me a "klien bottle" hat; it wasn't quite as amazing as I'd hoped but is still pretty cool... if you're into that sort of thing.
    I had to look that one up and am keeping it in reserve for an "I don't have anything to do" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    in my local village, theyd probably fine someone for doing that insisting public property is not to be messed with, even if you make it more appealing.
    I don't think anyone will touch it, its looks nice.
    If the sign police come after her, we will remove the yarn and I'll spindle turn a replacement post out of eastern red cedar....we will never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    There is a STOP sign a half a block from my house. I think it would look really neat improved like that. You could write-off the trip to California as a medical expense if she came and fixed up the sign. Enjoy (I did),JimB
    I'm thinking of a cross country yarn bombing trip for her...one stop sign in every town along the way until she sees the Pacific. We can retire on the royalties from the book and movie
    Last edited by Ted Calver; 06-21-2014 at 02:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    I'm thinking of a cross country yarn bombing trip for her...once stop sign in every town along the way until she sees the Pacific. We can retire on the royalties from the book and movie
    That is a capital idea! I'm thinking something akin to Kesey's Furthur bus but with a mad gaggle of Yarn Bombers and .. not sure on the vehicle yet, I do have a school bus if you're interested though, it would need some fixin and decorating