I've made a few of them and they are well received as gifts. You did a very nice one. Love the wood you picked. I think they also look nice with Tru-stone as a handle. This reminds me, my son-in-law broke the one I made for him, he gave me the handle back, maybe that was a hint to make him another. He broke his at the tang. Must have been mighty hard ice cream like "rocky" road or something.

Is this the kit that the wooden handle unscrews off of the scoop so the handle doesn't get wet?
Nice looking scoop and like others have said, on my to do list for someday. Great job on yours!!

Just of interest to me, but you are only second person in my 70 years that I have know with the name Daris. One of my best friends through school was named Daris. Darn if I can remember his last name.

I've made a few of them and they are well received as gifts. You did a very nice one. Love the wood you picked. I think they also look nice with Tru-stone as a handle. This reminds me, my son-in-law broke the one I made for him, he gave me the handle back, maybe that was a hint to make him another. He broke his at the tang. Must have been mighty hard ice cream like "rocky" road or something.

I was one of the fortunate ones to receive a beautiful ice cream scoop from Paul. My wife treasures it & keeps it in a glass display cabinet.