High Chair Project

I got a box from brown yesterday, which had the nylon strap and buckles I ordered. Tonight I rigged up the front T strap and a waist buckle.
2015-01-22 21.36.21.jpg 2015-01-22 21.36.35.jpg

Not the prettiest, but going to give these a try. I have a co-worker that has offered to sew up the straps where needed, can add snaps to other places if the configuration works. The other arrangement I've seen involves a strap with a loop that goes around the waist strap and under them between their legs rather than using the T strap in the front like I've done.

Nobody is going to look at the bottom to see how the straps are attached. Somethings require safety first!

Great project Darren!

Thanks. Looks like I need to take about an inch off each leg for them to slide up under the table, which is what I wanted them to do. :doh:

2698a1bb3aca3e37da0f4b8a1d7c45ea.jpg

8b7ecf44f35d0cb3ee7f638475e60d00.jpg

Thank you all. It's been a fun project and just what I needed to keep my creative/ocd side entertained. There are a few flaws, but I'm amazed how well I've either avoided or hidden the ones that used to get me every time. Finishing is still an art that eludes me and my patience, so looking to sign up for some training in that area soon. I still have the tables to build for these, so more to come. :wave:

I squeaked in a little shop time this afternoon and got the template made for creating the bowl recess in the tables. I bought the vacuum attachment for my bosch jig saw, it has a clear piece that covers the blade and keeps chips from flying away, but quickly found that the curves on it had such bad parallax that it was mostly unusable.
2015-01-24 17.13.35.jpg

I picked up a CMT 1 1/4" x 1/4"R bowl bit a few weeks back, which has a guide bearing, so the template just had to be shaped and attached to the work.
2015-01-24 17.45.29.jpg 2015-01-24 17.45.45.jpg 2015-01-24 17.51.42.jpg

Neat is it going to have a railing as well? A railing with some colored baubles on allows for a distraction to get the spoon in mouth or to lean basics of counting at least thats how i use to use it. ;)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Neat is it going to have a railing as well? A railing with some colored baubles on allows for a distraction to get the spoon in mouth or to lean basics of counting at least thats how i use to use it. ;)

I like the idea of it, but probably will make something to set up on the table and strap it on there, not as part of the chair since the table flips over and hangs off the back when not in use. Boy did it get it's first cleaning the other day, I think there was more food on the chair than what went into his stomach. :)

Got the strips all cut for laminating the arms the other night. 17 strips for each arm, cut a few extras just in case.

2015-01-27 21.41.52.jpg

I saw a glue roller on a "how it's made" the other day I'm thinking of making for this glue-up. The one on the show was motorized, but mine won't be. I'm thinking of just a roller mounted on a small well that will hold glue. The roller will dip into the glue so that I can roll the length of each strip on it during glue-up vs. messing with a bottle and spreading it out.